DM 1937 Studebaker Pickup 

snowline (5)
sno redsolo (1)
mickeybusb

Pete Rovero, Bob Jackman, Tony Perrone and 7 people reacted
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Love the shot of the Suburban. Excellent!

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Pete Rovero, john barry, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

Love the shot of the Suburban. Excellent!

thank you John...it`s also one of my favorites.....unlike some of the pieces that "resist" having their picture taken,this one gave it`s all 🤨 

the miller`s place
the millers place

Greg, John Merritt, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

You've perfectly captured that 'chill in the air'!

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

You've perfectly captured that 'chill in the air'!

literally !!.....it`s 27° here now,half an hour before noon,and we have a pretty substantial snow cover.....I`d love to get some pictures with naturally snowed backgrounds but it would mean putting on pants

I tried shooting a few from the front porch but obviously my settings and lens selection aren`t right.....here`s all that`s left of my truck in the driveway

DSC 5963

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Your snow photo is interesting. About 10 years or so ago, I would venture out into the snow & cold, as many of my photoshoots have shown. I would spend hours building the setup and then taking photos. A photoshoot could last all day. Now today, forget about it. I have gotten bundled up a couple of times, walked out to look into it, and seriously, it's just too cold. I can't stand out there taking photos, let alone crawl around on the ground (or lay on the ground like I did in a couple shoots) 

I must be getting really old, LOL! 

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

Your snow photo is interesting. About 10 years or so ago, I would venture out into the snow & cold, as many of my photoshoots have shown. I would spend hours building the setup and then taking photos. A photoshoot could last all day. Now today, forget about it. I have gotten bundled up a couple of times, walked out to look into it, and seriously, it's just too cold. I can't stand out there taking photos, let alone crawl around on the ground (or lay on the ground like I did in a couple shoots) 

I must be getting really old, LOL! 

it brings a smile to my face to hear you telling your tales of terror 🤔 

My least liked aspect of scene shooting is,after milking the day for each span of usable light,having to hang lights around my neck as guides to haul in all the subjects through two sets of doors in pitch darkness......

I went back out just now in my slippers to capture a few shots of possibly the biggest snowfall in the past 25 years...pants-less yet heavily bearded,and pushing 270#,the cold doesn`t bother me so much as the screaming neighbors

DSC 0005
DSC 0006
DSC 0007

John Merritt, Jack Dodds, John Merritt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

JB....I'm getting a visual that frightens me!  Lol.

John Merritt, john barry, John Merritt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

JB....I'm getting a visual that frightens me!  Lol.

well darn Jack.......wasn`t like I was wearing black socks !!!

this one

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

No matter what your neighbors may say JB, you know in your heart that you can accessorize with the best of them.  Jealousy is a terrible thing; try to understand them. Btw...given the brutal weather there I would recommend two small changes; boxer shorts and rubber boots.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

JB your wardrobe mimics mine. As to the screaming neighbors, mine no longer scream they just call the police. What the neighbors don't understand, the police like coming to my house as I take them for a tour of the little cars. Your efforts and John's in our behalf is much appreciated by me and, I'm sure, others who tune in here.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

JB your wardrobe mimics mine. As to the screaming neighbors, mine no longer scream they just call the police. What the neighbors don't understand, the police like coming to my house as I take them for a tour of the little cars. Your efforts and John's in our behalf is much appreciated by me and, I'm sure, others who tune in here.

There is nothing in your message above,that does not carry a strong ring of truth to it.... Hi  

...................say Bob,did you get the message I sent you a few days back?

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry  JB I can't say that I remember getting your message. If you can, please email it to me at robert61jackmanatgmaildotcom.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman ...........will do

ReplyQuote
Share: