Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

'63 Riviera by Gold...

Notifications
Clear all

'63 Riviera by Goldvarg

Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I know some people are still anxiously waiting for this model to reach them. Well, I got a call from Mike Coupe of Spa Croft Models (a regular contributor to the Forum) late yesterday afternoon, telling me that six months after he ordered his Rivieras they had finally arrived. Just when I was starting to worry if they would ever appear.

To make up for lost time, Royal Mail did an excellent job of delivering the package by 10.30 this morning.

It is every bit as nice as expected. Accurate, flawless paint and tidy detailing.

Riviera Goldvarg 1
Riviera Goldvarg 2
Riviera Goldvarg 3

Side windows are open to give a view of the interior

Riviera Goldvarg 3

And of course the wheels and trim are nicely done, as ever. Maybe a light black wash would improve the definition of the wheel trims even further?

Riviera Goldvarg 4

Mine has a VERY early number

Riviera Goldvarg 5

Must have been in the very first batch to go out the factory door and into a shipping container. Mind you, it took a while for it to get any further.

From the point of view of variety in my collection I may have made a mistake not ordering the Teal Blue version instead, because the red is virtually identical to the Franklin Mint. Obviously the Goldvarg wins out on delicacy of detail, but side by side on a shelf, at a reasonable viewing distance, the FM holds up pretty well.

2 Rivieras (1)
2 Rivieras (2)

I've just dismantled a spare FM with a view to re-spraying it Ivory White. An interesting exercise because, unusually for a diecast, the interior was assembled with a variety of small screws of different sizes. I may never get them back in the right place, so the result will be an accurate reflection of Detroit assembly standards of the time.

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Graeme;

Great pics!  I ordered the dark red one a while back but splurged for the teal one very recently; both are en route.  The interior color contrasts very well it seems.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Well done, Graeme. You're right, that FM is not bad, particularly given how old that casting is. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Estimable Member

Awesome model. From the pictures, It has all the chrome trim where it's supposed to be and even has the " Buick Crest " on the center spinners as for only the 1963 model year.

This put Brooklin to shame with completely messed up hubcaps and lack of so much details.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO