A couple holy grail...

Notifications
Clear all

A couple holy grails and wagons, lots of wagons...

Page 1 / 2

Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm procrastinating some yard work (it's freakin' cold) so instead I started reorganizing some of my models to make some room to add a holy grail model I picked up in Chicago. 

Here are my two absolute favorite models. The Autotorque 1927 Rolls-Royce 20 hp Aerocar (the Chicago show purchase) sitting next to the 1910 Brooke Swan by One43 (bought from Dave Sinclair back in the day).

IMG 7751
IMG 7752
IMG 7753

Behind the Aerocar is another model I cherish, but for a different reason. It's done by Milestone. While not usually in my vein of collecting, my friend (and former Brooklin dealer) Eric Gabriel absolutely loved this model, the detail and the lilac color. He was really fond of it so I bought one from him. It is really beautifully done and it reminds me of him.

IMG 7754

David Knight mentioned Pete Kenna in his "Coupe to Wagon" post, which reminded me of this Kenna Models beauty, sitting next to another holy grail, the Auburn Cabin Speedster by Minimarque (I have the GLM, too).

IMG 7755

And just for fun, here are just a few of my favorite wagons. I've probably got another 10 boxes of them stored away in a variety of scales. One day, they will all be on display...

IMG 7756
IMG 7757
IMG 7758
IMG 7759
IMG 7760
This topic was modified 2 months ago by Randy Rusk

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Holy cow, another collection totally out of control. I just showed this to my wife to let her know there are others out there. Wonderful Randy and thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman Bob, I’m glad I could help. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Man, I LOVE those station wagons!

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member

Here's a shelf of "wagons only" to add to this thread:

20211128 140821

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Reputable Member

Great collection Randy! 

Question..... in the 9th pic, in the curio cabinet with all the woodies, bottom shelf, middle model, which is the Western Mercury Sportsman convertible woody.

Did you obtain that off ebay this past spring/beginning of summer?

I was bidding on one and quit when it went over $400.

57015 IMG7759

ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@moe-parr We have similar tastes. I have them as well (except I went with the tri-tone Dodge). Some of the many that are currently boxed up. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@ben-lampson Ben, that’s one of my fav wagons. I bought it directly from Buz when he debuted it at the Chicago show. I remember I didn’t even ask the price. I just gave his wife my credit card…

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @randyrusk

I remember I didn’t even ask the price. I just gave his wife my credit card…

I would have given his wife my wifes credit card......It just feels much better doing it that way Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Curtis Parisi
(@parisi50)
Estimable Member

@ben-lampson The Sportsman is a 1955 Lincoln, not a Mercury. It is modeled after a car a collector built. It never existed. I never could see the fascination with this particular model since it's not modeled after anything Ford made as a prototype. Just my humble opinion.

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @parisi50

The Sportsman is a 1955 Lincoln, not a Mercury

Thank you for the correction and the info, I was unaware of the history.

ReplyQuote
Curtis Parisi
(@parisi50)
Estimable Member

I had the opportunity to view the Swan car and the small swan car in 2012 at Pebble Beach. Did anyone model the small one? That photo was taken at about 5:30 in the morning, a little dark.

IMG 3198
IMG 3147

ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@ben-lampson It’s still an exceptionally beautiful model, even if its roots don’t go back to the factory.

ReplyQuote
Curtis Parisi
(@parisi50)
Estimable Member

@d-crowe As I remember it the small one is original. Built by the same guy in 1920 as the big one was in 1910. Of course they are both one offs. I'm quite sure that Pebble Beach would not allow it's entry if it was a recent build.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Curtis Parisi

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

Great collection Randy - you may have me beat on wagons. But how many sports cars do you have? Smile  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: