Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

A couple of '63 Chr...

Notifications
Clear all

A couple of '63 Christmas Chryslers

Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

A couple of Chryslers from the year of my birth, the Gas Turbine from Matrix and Ghia L6.4 from Neo.

I think the Gas Turbine car is one of the best looking US cars of the 60s, such a simple, elegant and futuristic shape.  My Matrix model had the notoriously fragile side strips which were as usual peeling off in various places.  Unfortunately when the trim is coming away in the middle you can't just glue it back as it never lines up straight, so I had to cut it over the door line and glue up to the cut to keep it flat.  Of course in doing all this I managed to get some super glue on the roof which really upset me.  Surprisingly masking the outer portions of the roof and spray painting the middle matt black worked well.  These Matrix Gas Turbines seem to be fetching a bit of money.

Despite all the other brands of resin models which have become so prolific over the last few years I maintain that nothing beats an early NEO, when they were in their prime.  I think this Ghia L6.4 model is just about perfection.  The detail, delicacy of the smaller parts, paint finish and careful application of photo etching and chrome parts is fantastic.  Look at the black infill around the door/trunk/hood shuts!  They even managed to make the models quite robust without much falling off so easily.  You really can't compare them to some of the later 'Best Of Show' quality efforts.

Chrys 4
Chrys 5
Chrys 6
Chrys 2
Chrys 11
Ghia 1
Ghia 2
Ghia 3
Ghia 4
Ghia 5

This topic was modified 6 months ago 3 times by Carlo14

John Sharisky
(@john-sharisky)
Trusted Member

The Ghia is sweet! I had the Corgi (in Gold metallic) as a kid.

John Sharisky
Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

ReplyQuote
Mark Sweeney
(@whodeytink)
Reputable Member

I have both and they are gorgeous models.

ReplyQuote
Mark Lampariello
(@mark-lampariello)
Reputable Member

Carlo14, That Matrix Turbine is one of my favorite models too, and it's one my of all-time favorite subjects with its gorgeous styling and jet age power train that actually ran. I vividly remember seeing it at a local auto show with my dad and uncle who ogled over it being the dedicated science geeks they were.  And those Neos brought 1/43 details to an entirely new level, requiring jewelers' loupes and macro lens photography for older eyes to appreciate!

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Great photos! The work you've done on the Turbine is undetectable. Very nice.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO