Brumm Porsche 356 collection

7 Posts
4 Users
46 Likes
Ted Weller
(@tedweller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Early in my adult reconnect with the diecast world, I discovered Brumm about the same time I discovered vintage 1:1 scale race events. Enamored with this car, I built a small collection of Brumm models depicting various European/British events.  In this shot, #24 was Jim Clark's winning ride in October '57 for the BMRC Trophy.

IMG 1152

Ed Glorius, Harv Goranson, Karl Schnelle and 13 people reacted
Topic Tags
Ted Weller
(@tedweller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Correction: more than just European/British events.....#162 is from the '53 Carrera Panamericana.  I had the privilege of seeing the actual car at the 2009 Monterey Historics - awesome.

Karl Schnelle, Ed Davis, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Excellent Ted. I have several Brumm models and their fidelity is outstanding to this day.

Ted Weller, Karl Schnelle, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Very nice!   Do you collect other 356's, or just BRUMM?  I love the BRUMM I have... 

Brumm Blitzen Benz Alfa sepia

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@bob-jackman Not always. I've ditched a lot of Brumms when more accurate models came along - for example, their 917s never looked right to me. But more recent models (last 10-15 years) have shown great improvement, such as this Lotus 25.

Brumm R332 CH Lotus 25 pic6

Ed Glorius, Karl Schnelle, Ted Weller and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ted Weller
(@tedweller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@karl Funny you should ask! I currently don't have any other 356s but may purchase a 356 Speedster model from another manufacturer. I don't have lots of Brumms beyond the 356 collection; another 15-20 models. Agree w/Harv's comment that in recent years they've improved, especially for the price - if you "choose wisely" I think there's some good value here.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

I think my favorite 356 is still this very special Spark model - a 356 Continental (real car made for US dealer Max Hoffman). The original color was called Terra Cotta, though some had a less flattering name for it. 

Spark PCD01 2019 Porsche Continental pic1
Spark PCD01 2019 Porsche Continental pic4

Ted Weller, Karl Schnelle, Ed Glorius and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: