Cadillac collectors...

Notifications
Clear all

Cadillac collectors are going to like the upcoming GLM 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham

7 Posts
6 Users
10 Likes
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is announced in white, maroon, or black and is the very rare Italian bodied Cadillac that largely showed the next year's fin styling.   Details at MAR  https://www.maronline.org.uk/glm-stamp-2023/

This topic was modified 1 year ago by John Quilter

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

D Crowe
(@d-crowe)
Estimable Member

Not I.  The images of the Eldorado Brougham show the absence of front and rear vent windows.  As mentioned on the MAR article, the rear vent is a special feature of the car and Stamp chose to omit it completely.  

100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Honorable Member

I will wait. I believe this to be a pattern model, so we wait and see. There are several issues with it, but for sure the missing vents are a deal breaker. Without those, I consider it a fantasy car.

100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Famed Member

The car should have a front as well as a rear vent, plus slim chrome central window frames when the windows are in the raised position. Given the level of detailing on Stamp models it seems improbable they would overlook such significant elements. One might imagine the finished product will have a complete one-piece photo-etch window frame applied to the side glazing.

It obviously isn't great advance publicity for a model producer to publish photos of pre-production samples with missing or incorrect details, but it wouldn't be the first time!

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Here's an article Chuck Rose found. Click here.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Stanton Lyman
(@stanton-lyman)
Estimable Member

GLM previously released a model of the 1960 Eldorado Brougham (by Pinninfarina) in black (1:43)  The '60 version is the same body as the '59, with a different grille and rear light assembly pod.  The model of same does have the delineated rear vent window in place along with the front vent.   As the model has the windows in the down position there is no center chrome window edge.  Its a beautiful model, I am sure the '59 will be similar.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stanton Lyman

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

@stanton-lyman, here's a Short Take on that model,

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Ed Davis and Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: