From My Collection... Chrysler Day @ Wally's

6 Posts
6 Users
19 Likes
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

A couple of years ago I put together a diorama with the premise of a car show at Wally's Shell Service Station.

The premise: Wally has a bit of property across the road from his service station just outside of town. Every year he sponsor's different themed car shows throughout the summer months. This year was a show dedicated to Chrysler & Imperial cars only. 

The reality: I brought a bunch of models out for the show on a very hot & sunny day. I setup under the edge of a pop-up canopy hoping for some shadow for the shoot, some shade for me and protection for both. Unfortunately, I was never really thrilled with most of the photos, so they've never seen the light of day. At some point, I will go through what I have and see what I can do with them.

Yesterday's post had me looking for photos of the other two Chrysler models I mentioned in that post. Now the Newport Hardtop has a new set waiting for processing that was taken the same day as yesterday's Chryslers. The New Yorker convertible seems to have missed a camera date except for these shots from Wally's Day.

1951 Chrysler New Yorker Convertible Coupe

1951 Chrysler NY Conv Coupe 1
1951 Chrysler NY Conv Coupe 2
1951 Chrysler NY Conv Coupe 3
1951 Chrysler NY Conv Coupe 4

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

John Quilter, Bob Jackman, 100Ford2003 and 7 people reacted
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Very nice ! You are much too critical of your images .... these are fine shots. Now that's a car show and a superb Chrysler Corp pow-wow.

100Ford2003, John Kuvakas, John Merritt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ted Weller
(@tedweller)
Honorable Member

I agree with Mike....I would have zero basis for any constructive criticism....it's an excellent set of photos/layout/lighting/models. 

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Wow !!! 

What a great set-up !!!! I love it !!!! 

Steve

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Great setting and collection of Chrycos.

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Always love to see our little cars in a wonderful diorama.

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: