Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

From My Collection....

Notifications
Clear all

From My Collection... Tuesday 3/22/22

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

In 2014, I was attending a car show at the Gilmore Car Museum. It was the CCCA Grand Classic. While walking the grounds I came across one of the most unusual cars I had ever seen. At first look I thought, WTF. At the same time, I found myself intrigued by its distinction. Before that day, I don't remember seeing anything about this car or ever seeing any photos of it. I spent quite a bit of time with the car that day and took a bunch of photos of my own. That evening when I returned home, I did some research on the car so I could find out more about it. 

Designed by Brooks Stevens in 1955. It used a Cadillac chassis and was built by the Spohn Body Works of Germany. The design was inspired by the "American V8" and is definitely visible in the overall look. The car was featured at many shows both in Europe and New York, winning many awards. I have read in different sources that two cars were built, another one states six. Two are believed to still exist, but I only found info on one of them. After the touring was finished, Brooks Stevens bought one of the cars built. His wife drove it for several years before it was displayed in his museum until the mid-90s. 

I learned of the model earlier this year and went searching for one. As I usually do, eBay was my 1st option. I found one listed and bid what I was willing to pay. Unfortunately, it sold for more than that. Feeling a bit anxious when I discovered only 200 were being made, I began a more extensive search. To my delight, I found it available at the manufacturers site, which was one I was unfamiliar with. With the purchase made and after a brief waiting period, the model arrived, and I am completely thrilled with it.

1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Removable Hardtop Coupe - Brausi - Chrome & Tradition Collection - #127 of 200

1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 0
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 1
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 4
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 5
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 6
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 7

here are a few shots of the 1:1 I saw in 2014

1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 1
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 4
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 3
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 2
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 5
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 6
1955 Cadillac Die Valkyrie Hdtp 7

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Ted Weller, Harv Goranson, David Green and 2 people liked
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Now that is one "different" looking car/model.  I like it because it is so very unique; the color application really helps as well.  If I had to guess, I would have bet it was a Studebaker/Packard concept car from the mid-50s.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

I have seen pictures of this one, years back, and then and now it's interesting.   I'm with Jack on seeing a Studebaker influence, especially in the roof and windshield area. Looks like a well done model, too.  Thanks for the post, John.  

Good Hemmings article on this one at    https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2017/08/02/brooks-stevenss-die-valkyrie-becomes-publicly-available-for-the-first-time

David H

This post was modified 3 months ago by David H

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

Quite a model, John.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO