Going Modern in kit...

Notifications
Clear all

Going Modern in kit building, a 2005 DODGE MAGNUM RT

David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

C'm on, guys.  For me, 2005 is a recent model year.  Just take a look at most of my built models from the last year or so:  

IMG 7172

I found this Dodge kit on the 'bay a few months ago. Came from an independent dealer in the U.S., but it originated in China.  No date of production for this model, and no name of the producer.  Just this, but the bottom of the car gives it away:

IMG 7175
IMG 7170

I have a hunch there's a story there somewhere.

Enough of the guesswork.  Here's my report:

IMG 6896
IMG 6898
IMG 6908

Okay, I left out the cleaning, sandpaper, and some judicious file work.  Paint choice was easy;  Chrysler only made one color that was even close to bright.

IMG 7126
IMG 7136

And here's the final result, ready for the window sill:

IMG 7162
IMG 7166
IMG 7161

Kit building is becoming more and more fun.  Right now (while I go cut the grass) I'm thinking of my next one.  But I don't think it will be as modern as this Magnum.

Enjoy!    David H Smile (And a big "thank you" to the DIecast Zone Administrator who made this possible.) 

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by David H

Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

looks like motor max used that item number for their 2005 Magnum.  

https://www.diecastcompany.nl/speelgoedarticle/mmax73806-76024

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Frank.  That's the model with the enormous trailer hitch.  I've seen pictures of it.  I'm sure the Magnum had enough power to pull a trailer!  There was no sign of such a hitch on this kit, but it clearly is imprinted MOTOR MAX.

I have found other similar Magnum models in our scale by Spark, Maisto, and Bburago.  I may have missed others.  These do not have trailers like the Motor Max. The Bburago seems simplified, at least one version of the Maisto had a two-tone paint job, and the Spark, already assembled, has a red version that looks very similar to mine;  it seems to run in the $50 range.

This post was modified 2 months ago by David H

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

I have no aversion to models of modern cars as my collection is a representation of world wide automotive history from 1900 to 2022.   Nice kit build on that Dodge, David.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Motor Max as a kit is certainly different, David. Interesting post and a nice build. Keep them coming. Thanks.

David H liked
ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I think the next "target" will be a Rolls Royce by MOTORKITS of Horsham, West Sussex, England, with no visible date of manufacture, a Doctor's Coupe.  While the kit is open and has no box, the only thing it seems to be missing is one axle.  No problem there.  Just don't expect instant completion!

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Noble Member

Nice build, and it's not resin. That's a plus. I can't wait to see more pics of all the models you build for yourself and to entertain us !

Steve

David H liked
ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

Always fun to watch the progression during the builds David. BTW, Spark made one in resin.

Spark Dodge Magnum pic3

ReplyQuote
Share: