Diecast for today 5/2/22 - 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

10 Posts
7 Users
42 Likes
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yet another from the American Cars collection, color looks like Sassy-Grass Green.

DeAgostini 9 Plymouth Hemi Cuda 1971 pic1
DeAgostini 9 Plymouth Hemi Cuda 1971 pic2

100Ford2003, Curtis Parisi, John Merritt and 9 people reacted
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Great color for that Cuda! 😎 

Harv Goranson, 100Ford2003, Harv Goranson and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I have this one as well.  They did a nice job of it; good value.

100Ford2003, Harv Goranson, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Curtis Parisi
(@parisi50)
Honorable Member

Thanks.I'm not familiar as to where to get the American Models Collection cars. Can some tell me. I would like to find the '64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt. I understand that it is part of this collection.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

@karl   Attended The Brothers private car museum in Oregon this past Sunday with 100 members of my British car club and noted this 350 car museum, which is primarily muscle cars,  had no less than 30 E body Cudas and 1970 era Challengers,  all engine sizes including 426 Hemis,  virtually every color and striping variation made I believe.   All immaculately restored or preserved to show quality.   One back wall had them on display racks, three high and six in a row, (!) the rest on the museum floor.   Overwhelming display.

Brothers #1 5 1 22
Brothers #2 5 1 22

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Karl Schnelle, Harv Goranson, Ed Davis and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I would love to visit this place.......maybe one day.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

IMO, MoPar sure hit a home run with their high impact colors and advertising !  I was a Jr in H.S. in '70 and couldn't wait to graduate 'n get a good job to afford a dream car.

I got lucky in Summer '74 when I found my low mileage, perfect body/interior wise '70 Trans-Am @ $2400.

Sorry, imma gonna go curl up 'n cry now.

Steve

Karl Schnelle, Harv Goranson, Jack Dodds and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
JayGolan
(@jaygolan)
Reputable Member

@parisi50 Mainly on Ebay, either in Spain or Italy or France. I understand they are releasing them to the UK and Japan and Mexico, everywhere but the USA. I don't know if it's licensing issues here or the market would be too small.  Here's a site with an incomplete list of the releases (with pictures). Many of these cars look a lot better in person  although a few are duds.   

Colección American Cars 1:43 Altaya España | Colecciones Chéveres (coleccionescheveres.blogspot.com) 

They release two new models a month, The Ford Thunderbolt hasn't been released yet, maybe in 3 or 4 months.

ReplyQuote
Curtis Parisi
(@parisi50)
Honorable Member

@jaygolan Thanks for the info.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@jaygolan I've seen a pic of the Thunderbolt on Facebook. It has decalwork on it that implies an NHRA drag race version is being made. And ebay sells a lot of 1/43 decals for a 1/43 slot race version.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Harv Goranson

ReplyQuote
Share: