Here's our map. You...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Here's our map. You should be on it!

91 Posts
34 Users
132 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Where am I?   I just checked, and I entered myself on this map on .  But now I can't find myself.    That's David Holcombe, Brevard, NC.

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

@d-m-holcombe - We are 4 in a row - Harvey, Tony, David, and Karl (me)!!!  So you are still there!  

Can I come up and visit this summer?  I would love to see your collection...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1dzPDCMbhap1uCYBG8Xr4MObeUWDWPAeH&usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Hi Karl-  Sorry about the glitch.  Sure, c'mon up.   Harv stopped by a couple of years ago and we had a good visit.  My wife and I spend part of the summer on the NC coast, so check with me before making the drive up the mountain.    It would be nice to meet you and any others you might bring with you.    David

ReplyQuote
Brian Laurance
(@brian-laurance)

Graham, Washington  (near Tacoma)

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Welcome to Forum 43, Brian from Graham @brian-laurance !  What do you collect, only Flattop Buicks?  Have any favorites to show us?

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Good to see you, Brian!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Brian Laurance
(@brian-laurance)

@karl 

Karl, thank you for adding me to map.  I have collected primarily models of General Motors' B-O-P cars (Buick-Olds-Pontiacs), and, although I do have flat top Buicks, I have others to share over time.

John Kuvakas, thank you for the welcome!

John Kuvakas, Karl Schnelle, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
fpaquet
(@fpaquet)
Eminent Member

Please add me to the map

thanks 

Frank Paquet

Mead,WA

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @karl

Have any favorites to show us?

Karl, Brian was an esteemed member of the previous Diecast Zone, before it was dismantled and brought here. 

His informative posts and pics were some of the best on the Zone. It is a shame all that lost into the abyss.

He has one of the best collections I have ever seen, ranging from some of the best Motor City models to the most detailed aircraft models.

His garage is a man cave dream.

He also has fantastic 1:1 cars also, including a Buick Centurion that his parents bought new (1974? Brian?)

ReplyQuote
Brian Laurance
(@brian-laurance)

Posted by: @ben-lampson
Posted by: @karl

Have any favorites to show us?

Karl, Brian was an esteemed member of the previous Diecast Zone, before it was dismantled and brought here. 

His informative posts and pics were some of the best on the Zone. It is a shame all that lost into the abyss.

He has one of the best collections I have ever seen, ranging from some of the best Motor City models to the most detailed aircraft.

His garage is a man cave dream.

He also has a fantastic 1:1 cars also, including a Buick Centurion that his parents bought new (1974? Brian?)

Thank you, Ben!  The Buick Centurion, a 1971 model, was indeed purchased new by my parents during late 1970.  I made the very difficult decision last fall to sell the car to a highly motivated buyer.  I had enjoyed it for fifty-one years, so perhaps it was time for someone else to have the pleasure.  But the sale of the Centurion furnished an opportunity to acquire a very fine, all-original 1965 Buick Wildcat coupe, which is nearly identical to the car on which I learned to drive (and which was subsequently traded in on the '71 Centurion).  When I have time and opportunity, I will begin sharing model photos here in the group, but here's an image of both the '71 Centurion and the '65 Wildcat:

mine 1
mine 2

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Brian Laurance

David H, Karl Schnelle, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @brian-laurance

I made the very difficult decision last fall to sell the car to a highly motivated buyer.

Sometimes you have to change things around to keep life interesting Brian, and I know that car went to a good home where it will be pampered for the next 51 years of its life, and then maybe a museum after that!

I remember the pics of that car you posted on the old D4C site......what a beauty!

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

@fpaquet Welcome to the map!   The west coast is filling in nicely! Do you collect all scales?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1dzPDCMbhap1uCYBG8Xr4MObeUWDWPAeH&usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Welcome, Frank!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
fpaquet
(@fpaquet)
Eminent Member

Thanks for adding Spokane to the map

Frank Paquet 

ReplyQuote
Charles Rockett
(@charles-rockett)
Reputable Member

Please add me to your map, too: Paris, Fr.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: