(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Can the older Brooklins be far behind?

https://www.maronline.org.uk/promod-adds-another-range/  

Chris Sweetman
(@chris-sweetman)
Prominent Member

@mg-harv Harv, I think it depends on several fronts. Looking at the Lansdowne list published on MAR Online how many are currently, or even recently, available as high quality offerings? This is against the improvements in Brooklin's recent releases and competition from a whole host of other manufacturers whose offerings have been well received and in many cases the detailing is better and the model is cheaper.

May be fun for someone with kit building skills to assemble these. However, I am hoping that one day the big Fords and the Vauxhall will be available in a higher level of finish and detailing. Corgi Classics and Oxford can do an excellent job with stuff like this. Years ago Corgi's Austin A60 was better than any white metal version of this car and retailed for less then £10.

Just did a quick look on eBay and Lansdowne models have held their value pretty well. So, there could be a market for these kits after all.

Autominologist residing in the Robin Hood County
Nottinghamshire England UK

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

@chris-sweetman   As a long term kit builder I welcome this development.  Would like to see the Austin A95/A105 available as it would make a great starting point for an estate that Lansdowne never did.  Also I can see the MG Y saloon as a conversion into a tourer. I have a hard time chopping  up nice fully finished Brooklins and Lansdownes but kits... OK.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @john-quilter

@chris-sweetman   As a long term kit builder I welcome this development.  Would like to see the Austin A95/A105 available as it would make a great starting point for an estate that Lansdowne never did.  Also I can see the MG Y saloon as a conversion into a tourer. I have a hard time chopping  up nice fully finished Brooklins and Lansdownes but kits... OK.

I agree that the Austin A95 or 105 done as an estate would be very welcome indeed.  Story goes that back in the day LDM/BRK apparently were approached about such a model but they declined.

ReplyQuote
Share: