NB Center Buick Riviera Arrived

25 Posts
10 Users
138 Likes
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My NB Center 1963 Buick Riviera (white) arrived today. The delivery time was quite good, shipping from Brooklin on April 6 and arriving in Inverness Illinois (Chicago suburb) on April 11. The carrier was DHL express.  There is a little plastic bag with a set of white wall tires, and another plastic bag with an Allen wrench for removing the plastic case and some plastic feet to protect any surface upon which you are displaying the model in its case.  The model was packed well and arrived ok.  Here are some photos with the car still in the plastic case.

IMG 2758
IMG 2765
IMG 2768
IMG 2760
IMG 2766

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

Mike DeTorrice, Ted Weller, 100Ford2003 and 19 people reacted
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Both of mine arrived today as well. They are fantastic models. 

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Mike DeTorrice, Ted Weller, Jack Dodds and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

I received the NB Center 1954 Cadillac today....it is a Beauty! I will post pics in a day or two.

I have the NB Center Chrysler Town & Country and the Lincoln Zephyr, so the Caddy makes 3.

I am anxiously awaiting the NB Center 1946 Pontiac fastback!

The Cadillac is heavier than the Chrysler Town & Country, so my guess is, it is the heaviest car Brooklin has made to date.

20220411 184036

Mike DeTorrice, Ted Weller, Karl Schnelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday delivery.

John Kuvakas, Ed Davis, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday delivery.

Which one(s) are coming Bob?

And, do you have any other NBC models?

This Cadillac is an unexpected purchase for me, because when the regular issue was released in black, I thought it would only be perfect with wing mirrors and resin headlights, and I wouldn't buy it without them, so I was for sure I would never purchase one....well, well, well....never say never.

Jack Dodds, John Kuvakas, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Honorable Member

@jcarnutz This will be interesting to display the Goldvarg Riviera by side to see which one is the best.

Karl Schnelle, Jack Dodds, Ed Davis and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Ben, I have the black Riviera coming. The other NB models I have are the Town and Country and the Lincoln Zepher. I already had the other models and refused to duplicate them. The 61 Pontiac Ventura is also scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday.

Ed Davis, Ben Lampson, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the pictures Ed.

Ed Davis, John Kuvakas, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

@nickies 

This I can do soon. A little snafu with the Goldvarg Rivieras so a slight delay in doing that.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Karl Schnelle, Jack Dodds, Ed Davis and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Honorable Member

@jcarnutz Thanks, this will be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @nickies

@jcarnutz This will be interesting to display the Goldvarg Riviera by side to see which one is the best.

That would be comparing apples to oranges.....white metal and resin models both have their own qualities and drawbacks.

Comparing white metal models to resin models would be like comparing which one of your two children is better.

Ted Weller, Ed Davis, Jack Dodds and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

I already had the other models and refused to duplicate them.

Bob, I probably will not buy another Brooklin model without the extra details like wing mirrors and resin headlights.

But that doesn't mean I will stop buying Brooklin models.

I have a funny feeling Brooklin will be adding these details to most if not all of their models in the near future.

I am really looking forward to the NB Center 1946 Pontiac fastback.

Ed Davis, Jack Dodds, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Posted by: @ben-lampson
Posted by: @nickies

That would be comparing apples to oranges.....white metal and resin models both have their own qualities and drawbacks.

Comparing white metal models to resin models would be like comparing which one of your two children is better.

Ben,  we all have our biases so I think any comparison will be confounded by diecast/resin/white metal, country of origin, look and feel, etc.  But a side-by-side comparison is always fun if we keep it both objective and subjective.  What a hard life we have - too many choices! 😊 

On a side note. I find that if I have two copies of the same or similar cars in 1/43, I typically keep both because of the features I like in each.  Other collectors will continually upgrade as 'better castings' come out (cough couch Harvey cough)...  🤔 

Ed Davis, John Kuvakas, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@karl Except in this case Karl. I lost my willpower and ordered the black BRK Riv. For whatever reason, Sergio's shipments of his version seem to be delayed - some collectors got theirs months ago, I am still waiting.  

This post was modified 6 months ago by Harv Goranson

Karl Schnelle, Ed Davis, Karl Schnelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @karl

But a side-by-side comparison is always fun if we keep it both objective and subjective

I agree 100% karl. I love a side by side, and I have posted side by side comparisons myself.

I was commenting on nickies comment asking which will be the 'best' of the two......that is comparing apple to oranges in my book.

Karl Schnelle, Ed Davis, Karl Schnelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: