Purchased a 2nd Bru...

Notifications
Clear all

Purchased a 2nd Bruce Arnold '53 Cadillac Eldorado...11 pics...

7 Posts
6 Users
30 Likes
John Sharisky
(@john-sharisky)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I purchased this White Bruce Arnold Eldorado off eBay some weeks ago. Looking forlorn in the photos, I was pleased when it arrived (the seller showed as being from Spain - the package was shipped from The Netherlands). I could make new vent windows, but the missing outside mirrors had me concerned. The model was shipped in its original box with the foam. It turned out that the two outside mirrors were in the box. Still in their bag - they had never been installed (yea!). I disassembled it just a bit. The body, interior and white walls cleaned up nicely with only Q-Tips and warm water. A final polish with Novus #1 (plexiglass cleaner) always helps. The body was quite dirty. Maybe later I'll change the interior to all Red.

el1

el2

el3

el4

el5

el6

el7

el8

One tail light had fallen off in shipping. Three wheels needed to be re-attached. I removed and straightened the hood ornament.

My Yellow Eldorado is #4 of an edition of 50. I suppose the White one is a standard issue.

el9

I used Simichrome Polish to brighten the bumpers, front grille and headlamps.

el10

Tamiya offers these pointed cotton swabs in several sizes. This is the smallest size. They were perfect for cleaning the body between the tail fins and the deck lid. I also used them to apply and remove the Simichrome on the bumpers and grille.

el11

Thanks for looking!

John Sharisky
Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

Frank Reed, David H, David Green and 13 people reacted
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Nice work - great tips! 👍 

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

Great cleaning job-especially on the chrome-looks like new.

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Honorable Member

(@john-sharisky)

That vehicle, including the interior, is historically accurate for the vehicle that Eisenhower used in his Inaugural Parade. In fact, with the addition of flags and the correct license plate, you would have it.

1953 Parade

%# Eldo Int DDE

Correct interior

1953 Inaugural License Plate

David H, David Green, Harv Goranson and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Thank you for the resto tips.  Personally I like the 2-tone interior and wonder if if all it needs is the dash redone red??

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

I like it!  I remembered that I had one, turned to my parade cars unit and found it.  Nope.  Mine is a Vitesse with an all black (or very dark blue) interior.  I think I like yours better....  

IMG 6662
IMG 6664
This post was modified 8 months ago by David H

ReplyQuote
John Sharisky
(@john-sharisky)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Thank you for the resto tips.  Personally I like the 2-tone interior and wonder if if all it needs is the dash redone red??

I wanted to do that but don't have any paint right now. I was thinking of a red Sharpie but the standard tip won't reach under the overlaping edge of the dash pad. I could shave the pen tip to a flat, chisel-like point, but I will need to get behind the steering wheel. I think only a fine paint brush will do the job.

The interior is a stout piece. I may damage it if I try to break it apart. Maybe later. The good part is that the interior is held in only by the chassis plate being screwed into place. I can easily get to it later.

John Sharisky
Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

ReplyQuote
Share: