Pottenheimer Model, Zurich?

5 Posts
3 Users
10 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have started a new 1/43 assembly project, a 1930s Adler Trump junior, in white metal.

IMG 0719
20180112adler trumpf junior14

Information on this uncommon German car is not hard to find, but so far I can not identify "Pottenheimer Model."  I have found some references to a "P-Models, Switzerland" builder of white metal models, but no mention of that company building an Adler.  

Any ideas?

David H  Exhausted  

Harv Goranson, David Green, Harv Goranson and 1 people reacted
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I checked Hobbydb, a fine source.  It lists and pictures several Adler models by Danhausen, Auto Pioneer, Neo, and AutoCult;  but not this Adler Junior and not the firm of Pottenheimer.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Interesting model David. I look forward to seeing your finished version.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@d-m-holcombe David - Once again Michel Sordet's Ma Collection gives us an answer. P-Models consisted of three models and it was Peter Ottenheimer of Zurich who was behind them. Per Sordet, 400 of each were made. No. 1 was a 1938 Mercedes 170V sedan, cast by John Day in 1973. No. 2 (your model) is the 1938 Adler Trumph Junior cast in 1974, also by John Day. No. 3 was a 1931 Maybach Zeppelin V12 touring car, cast by Barry Lester (of Motorkits fame) in 1975. So "Pottenheimer" was P. Ottenheimer.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Harv Goranson

David Green, Frank Reed, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Many thanks, Harv.  Your good information makes me appreciate this one even more.  I will make a copy and put it away with the packaging label.  Enjoy!  

David H Laugh  

ReplyQuote
Share: