The Franklin Mint Silver Arrow

11 Posts
6 Users
17 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Looking for something else, up in a display shelf I bumped into this one from a while back, the 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow by Franklin Mint, complete with opening doors and removable hood.

IMG 9058
IMG 9059
IMG 9060

(later)  After posting the above, I tried to remember how long it has been in my collection. (Seems like I do that pretty often.) Anyhow, I found that FM sold this one starting in 1987.  Wanting a little more information, I found a good website on these FM 1/43 models, and I thought someone else might be interested.  See:

https://sites.google.com/site/franklinmint143/

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by David H

Karl Schnelle, David Green, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

This looks like a very nice model. Could you take a close up photo of the engine? I am interested in the engine detail.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

I don't remember seeing this one before. Some of those FM's were pretty nice. This appears to be one of the nicer ones. Thanks, David!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@ed-davis   The engine:  (Click on the pictures for enlargements.)

IMG 9061

IMG 9062
IMG 9063
This post was modified 2 years ago by David H

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

What goes around comes around. I started with an original Canadian Brooklin Silver Arrow. Then it left during a long ago purge of less-than stellar detailed models. Then I got the FM model, part of a series of 12 classics. But the poor fit of the doors annoyed me, so off to ebay it went. Ixo relesed a version in its Museum seies but I was put off by the too-shiny chrome wheels, opting instead for theAltaya red-wheeled version, which replicates an authentic 1/1 very well. I thought I was done. But now Brooklin has released No. BRK 1LE in blue over gray, a nod to the first version of the first Brooklin, and I decided to get one for old times sake. It is the last model made in Bath and I should get mine next week.

Altaya Pierce Arrow pic3
This post was modified 2 years ago by Harv Goranson

Karl Schnelle, Bob Jackman, John Merritt and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@mg-harv I have the Altaya model Harv and think it is outstanding. Along with the original Brooklin model I have this subject covered.

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

Oddly enough never cared that much for the ARROW, at this time my one and only Pierce Arrow is this lovely little 1930 Cabriolet’ dont really understand why and wish there were more models of Pierce Arrows produced….

31E6564E B8B0 487C B562 6F0DADEE8FA1

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

@d-m-holcombe 

The engine looks good. Thanks for photos.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@larry-kemling   Larry, have you looked at the Esval products?  Esval had a 1920 4 door sedan and at least two versions of the 1930 Pierce Arrow.  Brooklin also offered a nice looking '36 sedan.  Don't forget that Pierce Arrow also made trucks.  Even Ertl offered one of these several years back.  And there was also the Pierce Arrow Travelodge.  I just went on eBay and found all those, as well as several of the Silver Arrows.  Happy hunting!

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

@d-m-holcombe 

thanks Dave 👍🏻

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

How about this Pierce?

TWH Pierce Quantum