The little folks around my 1/43 models?

6 Posts
6 Users
30 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Some have commented on the small figures that show up with some of my 1/43 models.  This afternoon I was modifying a couple to fit in the front seats of my in-progress project (more about that on a future day, I hope), and that led me to look around for something more appropriate.  Between my junky work shop and my over-crowded storage closet, here's some of what I was looking through:

IMG 1977
IMG 1980
IMG 1981
IMG 1983

There are several firms that make these figures, both metal and plastic, varying in scale (I prefer 1/43 to 1/48), painted and unpainted, and so forth.  Some are not inexpensive (Arttista comes to mind), but those characterizations are more complex than the "50 for $5" groupings from China.  The last are great for alteration, and two of those are what I am modifying for a model right now.  I most often find these figures on eBay.   

Just thought someone might have a little interest.  Enjoy!

David H  Smile  

This topic was modified 3 years ago by David H

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

David you have a fabulous collection of little people and I love seeing them with your car models.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Great selection David. I like the idea of cut and paste to shape the little people for sitting etc.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Don't they get hurt rattling around in that box?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

Don't they get hurt rattling around in that box?

Not to mention social distancing.

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

David H, Karl Schnelle, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

I learned from you that gluing them to clear plastic base makes them display and photograph much better that the fender washer I was using before.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

David H, John Kuvakas, David H and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: