The NB Center Colle...

Notifications
Clear all

The NB Center Collection & the Weekend Event...My thoughts & Photos

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

OK, a lot has already been discussed and shared about this past weekend's event at the NB Center. I'd like to share a bit of my thoughts too...

I went to this show not knowing what to expect. I knew I was volunteering to help out, but had no idea what that would entail. I met a bunch of great guys & gals that I have "known" for years but never met in person. Everyone was very professional, and the whole group of us were ready to help with whatever needed doing and we did it. 

Day one was getting things set up, understanding the procedures and protocol required to welcome the guests for Saturday's event. Numbering cards, covering display cases for the unveiling. We set up the sales table, got the process in place and "set the stage" for the next day. Along with a bunch of other stuff.   

Day two was filled with excitement, lots of it in the air. The anticipation was very evident and could be felt too. The organizers had plenty of activities planned. The unveiling of 1:1 cars & models. Rides in 4 classic cars, drawings to drive those same cars. Seminars with info and questions, tours of the collection (which we saw in guided tours the day before) and much more. 

After all was revealed, the excitement to buy was unleashed. But hey, retail is what I do, so selling stuff is easy for me. But to be honest, these models were beautiful enough to have sold themselves. A complete set of models came home with me and I am thrilled to have them. I had intended to only pick up two of them, especially since I already have original issues of five, but they were just too nice to pass up. 

Despite our volunteer duties, we were still able to participate in the events scheduled that day, thanks to the fine organization of Mr. Kuvakas. I myself, had the opportunity to ride in two of the cars, attend a great discussion about the past, present & future of Brooklin Models, SMTS & the NB Center, very informative. 

I had a great time and am honored to have been part of this weekend. I truly enjoyed the time I got to spend with these great folks, wonderful cars and beautiful models. I can't wait for next year to do it all again.

Here are a few photos I took of the models while they were in the display cases. For me and my camera, it was a little tough to get all good shots with the glass, but I did get all six of them.

Thanks for looking and spending a few moments reading my thoughts.

Models Display 1940 Lincoln 1
Models Display 1940 Lincoln 2
Models Display 1947 Chrysler 1
Models Display 1947 Chrysler 2
Models Display 1951 Hudson 1
Models Display 1951 Hudson 2
Models Display 1951 Nash 2
Models Display 1951 Nash 1
Models Display 1954 Cadillac 1
Models Display 1954 Cadillac 2
Models Display 1967 Buick 1
Models Display 1967 Buick 2

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Thanks for the report and pictures John. Wish I could have been there.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

Thanks for the report and pictures John. Wish I could have been there.

I echo Bob's comment.  I sure hope I can attend next year.

ReplyQuote
Share: