(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter  

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

David Knight
(@david-knight)
Reputable Member

What a great review, John. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. If the red/white color scheme is considered to be a cliche, then let’s have more of them. Thanks so much for this great review.

David Knight
Richmond, Virginia. USA

Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

I too can't wait to receive mine.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the top is done in red; looks great!  I'm already wondering what car the NABCC will select for next year's club model.

John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds, we'll begin polling the NABCC Ambassadors to get their thoughts. Meanwhile, tell us what you would like to see. For now, it will have to be a version of an existing model.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

@jack-dodds, we'll begin polling the NABCC Ambassadors to get their thoughts. Meanwhile, tell us what you would like to see. For now, it will have to be a version of an existing model.

From the existing Brooklin lineup my pick would be the 1956 Lincoln Premiere convertible done in Amethyst with the top up/top down option.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member

My pick would be a 1957 Chevrolet BelAir 2 door hardtop in a two-tone color scheme.  This specific style has not been done, but the parts have all been made.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Estimable Member

Great video John!

Seeing that they already did a 50's era convertible, how about the 1942 Oldsmobile fastback? 

It is a newer release, and Brooklin really got that one right!

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @ed-davis

My pick would be a 1957 Chevrolet BelAir 2 door hardtop in a two-tone color scheme.  This specific style has not been done, but the parts have all been made.

That was one of my 2 top picks Ed but I went with the Lincoln because it is my impression that a lot of members feel the 57 Bel Air is over exposed.  I love it myself and strongly support your 2-tone, 2drht. suggestion.

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Estimable Member

The first NABCC 1956 Buick was created by changing a 4 door hardtop into a 2 door convertible. If it is possible, for the 2nd NABCC car, I would like to see Brooklin take the 1953 4 door Ford and change it into a Ford Crestliner Skyliner glass top as in the attached picture. Yes, Ford only made the Crestliner Skyliner in 1954 but I think it would be a simple matter to make it a 1954.The only major difference is the front grill. Second pick would be the 1953 Crestliner 2 dr htp or convertible.

fix0qaun8r761

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Another one we have discussed recently that might be popular with our group is the 1965 Chevy Impala HT or convertible done in crocus yellow.  The only possible negative with this one as a club model is that compared to most 50s and 40s cars it has much less chrome and no 2-tone color possibility.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @ben-lampson

Great video John!

Seeing that they already did a 50's era convertible, how about the 1942 Oldsmobile fastback? 

That would be a good choice from the 40s IMO.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jack-dodds
Posted by: @ben-lampson

Great video John!

That would be a good choice from the 40s IMO.

Another great 40s candidate would be the 1941 Pontiac Streamliner torpedo 2dr., with 2-tone paint and more polished chrome trim.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member

Great review, John, and I'm really looking forward to getting mine!

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Honorable Member

And as to early 40s Oldsmobiles how about one one these:

'41 Olds sedan #1 FS Day 2004
'41 Olds sedan #2 FS day 2004

Or even the much rarer convertible sedan.

'41 Olds 4 dr convt  #3 6 04
'41 Olds 4 dr convt 6 04

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Share: