Wall Display Case S...

Notifications
Clear all

Wall Display Case Suggestions ........

Nickies
(@nickies)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Since I will keep very low profile in my new collecting behavior with the challenge to not go over 20 models, I need suggestions for a  nice quality wall display case for my resin Buicks and Cadillacs. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. The models are displayed out of their original packages.

Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Prominent Member

Here's a really nice case that holds 10 1/43s. I have two of them. They're available on Amazon at a very reasonable price of around $45. I think they're made by a company called Ikee.

20210930 213727

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@moe-parr Thank you for your reply. I am looking for something larger. Not quite 1/24 but  something like for 1/32 scale models.

Is there anything like that?

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

@nickies, check out Carney Cases. They're well made, durable, and nearly dust-free. We have several folks on Forum 43 who use them. Click here.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

Has anyone with plastic cases from Carney or others ever seen an interation between the tires and the case? Like the sticking seen on early Neos between tires and display box bases.

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

@mg-harv I have not had any issues with tires from my wide variety of manufacturers in my (3) Carney cases.

BE7DB705 C8C0 43E8 AD28 3B6B9B566193

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

9E425845 578F 4F08 8C3B 2556201A51B7
A4703D01 6D8B 42C3 BB01 CB85ECCF5F59

@nickies I have a display case I bought at the Hershey PA swap meet and show quite a few years ago now but a great idea imho.

6A4790E3 ABF3 4E49 9E95 D9B7BC695C80

I have it on a table but can be wall mounted.  I know it can handle 1/36 scale as well as 1/43.

I just checked and his website no longer in service.  

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Reputable Member

@mg-harv Yes it happened with me. I recently purchased oversized acrylic display cases for 1:18. I can easily put 4 and sometimes 5 1:43 per box or a 1:18. When I took off my 1:18, I didn't think about the chemical reaction of the contact of the tires with the acrylic. I lifted my 1:18 and 3 tires literally tore off the model and obviously the base of the box left marks as if it had melted. I then looked to see if the same thing happened with my 1:43 and yes it did, but fortunately the tires were not damaged, just the beginning of marks left on the base. I decided to cut cardboard and put them at the bottom of the cases but I think that ideally it is to place the models on glass or to lift them so that there is no contact. 

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Honorable Member

@michel-lemieux 

Do you know why tires do not react with glass? I have had reactions of tires with plastic and some wood finishes, but not glass.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

@ed-davis  I have not had any tire to surface reactions with Carney Plastic cases or the earlier acrylic cases with the sliding cover made by Autoart.    I am a big fan of the Carney cases but one thing I would mention is that if you get the 56 item case with dividers,  large cars such as limos, ambulances and maybe even really big American cars will not fit.  Get the cases without dividers.  I have mentioned this to Carney.  Perhaps they should reduce the number of slots from 6 to 5 and widen them to about 6.2 inches each.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

@ed-davis Because glass is inert with respect to almost all materials. That's why test tubes are made of it!

BTW I am assured that the Carney products are safe in this regard.  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

I have never had a problem with tires sticking to Carney cases in any scale from 1/18,1/24,1/43 and 1/64. The only problem I ever had was a few Neos 1/43 and I learned to loosen the screws a half turn and the problem went away.

ReplyQuote
Share: