Notifications
Clear all

Military Vehicles

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I thought I would try something a little different, military vehicles.  Diecast versions are available in several scales, and I have a small number in 1/72 scale. Today, I will show a M24 Chaffee light tank used by the US during the later part of WW2 and the Korean War.  It is made of metal with plastic detail parts.  The manufacturer is Hobbymaster, who makes a wide variety of military vehicles and planes.  If there is interest, I will add more models.

IMG 2034
IMG 2035
IMG 2036

Enjoy.

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Noble Member Registered

I like military vehicles but personally don't have room to broaden my collecting scope. I would love to see more of your models.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

I like military vehicles but personally don't have room to broaden my collecting scope. I would love to see more of your models.

I second that!

ReplyQuote
djtusn3950
(@djtusn3950)
Trusted Member

Very nice.  I remember during the early 60;s and in conjunction with the series COMBAT s whole series of this type of vehicles were made in plastic.  Wished I could remember who made I Dont Know them.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The second model I will show is the German Panzer Type IV. This was the most widely produced German tank in WWII.  It is also 1/72 scale. The model's manufacturer is Panzerstahl. Like the American M24 tank, which I previously showed,  These models have a lot of detail.

IMG 2044
IMG 2044B
IMG 2044C

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@djtusn3950

I remember watching Combat in the 1960's, and I can still see reruns of this show and other WWII shows on TV.  I do not remember a series of plastic models marketed in conjunction with the Combat series, but that is probably cause I was building primarily plastic cars and planes back then.  Back then plastic military vehicle kits were made by several companies in a variety of scales, such as Revell, Monogram, Aurora, Lindberg, and Renwal.

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Reputable Member

Some of us do get enjoyment out of our military vehicles this Tiger

18FB9C75 51AA 4DDC 8468 4096BFBB31A2
659887C7 BB8D 4AA0 AEBA 8933FC49CC9F

while not a diecast model is 1/16 and mostly metal brute....lol

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@larry-kemling

Impressive.  Who is the manufacturer of the model?

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Reputable Member

HENG LONG/TAIGEN 

Its full radio Controll,and weighs in right at 17Lbs  ran up on a friends foot when I first got it and he was not amused!!😂

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Larry kemling

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Reputable Member

Also have this Panzer III By Heng-Long....

34D15EF5 F835 4FBF AC62 11359C459FB1
4C32EB03 330D 4C72 8AAA CA283BB97AF5

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Today, I am adding pictures of a 1/72 scale German self-propelled anti-aircraft gun.  It was built upon the Panzer Type IV tank chassis, seen in an earlier post.  It was known as the Ostwind, and had a single 3.7 cm gun.  One of the photos shows the details inside the turret.  The model is from Panzerstahl.

IMG 2047
IMG 2048

ReplyQuote
Share: