Notifications
Clear all

Mustangs in approximately 1/64 scale

Page 1 / 2

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I liked what David Green did with Jaguars in 1/64 scale, and decided to do something similar for Mustangs.  Many companies have done diecast Mustangs.  These include Ertl, Greenlight, Matchbox, AutoArt, etc.  Here are some of my Mustang models.

1968 Mustang GT by Greenlight.  I have a friend who has a 1:1 scale one in his garage. However, it has not been driven in years.

IMG 1954

1969 Mustang Mach 1 by Ertl.  This was produced in four colors.  I have all four, but I am just showing one of them.

IMG 1953

2005 Mustang GT by AutoArt

IMG 1947

Finally, I cannot resist showing one of the most famous Mustangs, the P-51.  It is a 1/72 scale diecast model by Dragon Wings.  I have others, but did not think the forum readers would be that interested.

IMG 1958

Enjoy, and add any interesting Mustangs you like.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Mustangs are an interesting topic Ed. Great idea! We need to add a bit more life to the 1/64 scale forum.

Here is the Ford Mustang '64 Indianapolis 500 Official Pace Car made by Busch in Germany about 20 years ago.

s l1600

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Honorable Member

Mustangs I like !   3 or 4 wheels... both are ok with me !

ReplyQuote
Jack Daniels
(@jack-daniels)
Eminent Member

Hi Guys

A couple small police cars in approx 1/64 scale.  The 1993 (?) is a Maisto, not sure what the other one is, both in M2 cases.

JD

Seal Beach Mustang 1 64 1
Seal Beach Mustang 1 64 3
Seal Beach Mustang 1 64 2
Seal Beach Mustang 1 64 4
Seal Beach Mustang 1 64 5

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Back in about 2003 Matchbox did a Ford "Then and Now" series for the 100th anniversary of the Ford Motor Company.  The first models were a 1968 and 1999 Mustang.  I still have them in original packaging.

IMG 1968

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am adding pictures of two more of my 1/64 scale Mustang models.

The first is a 1967 hardtop (notchback style) by Greenlight.  Except for color, this is a model of my first real car, which was Sauterne Gold.

IMG 2031B

The second is a 1968 fastback representing the Bullitt Mustang.  I do not remember who made the model, and there is no identification on the chassis.

IMG 2032B

Stay happy and healthy.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Just found the 2021 Hot Wheels Convertibles Series #1 '65 Ford Mustang Convertible which is a Wal-Mart Exclusive

s l1600
s l1600
2021 HOT WHEELS WALMART CONVERTIBLES SERIES 1965 FORD  57

This is one of a special series of 10. Lots of interesting vehicles. See the card back.

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Look nice.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

HotWheels has this year released a very nice looking 1970 MUSTANG BOSS 302 in their CLUB EXCLUSIVE series.

This one is in Bright Orange Spectraflame with smoked windows and Real Riders style tires.

s l1600
s l1600

Here is a Mattel promotional image for this model.

s l1600

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Looks very nice.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Another HotWheels 2021 issue has come my way. This is the 2021 Hot Wheels Super Treasure Hunt 20 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500.

s l1600
s l1600

Note the TH on the side behind the rear wheel. With the HW TORQUE label, 4/5, I did not initially realize that it was a Treasure Hunt and quite hard to find.

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@david-green 

Is there some significance to the Treasure Hunt reference or does it just signify a very limited quantity model?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

@ed-davis 

Hi Ed,

After finding this I did a little research. Here is what I found.

Treasure Hunt is a line of Hot Wheels cars, introduced in 1995. It consisted of 12 cars every year (15 beginning in 2011) with one or two released per month. The original production run was 10,000 of each car worldwide; that number has since risen due to the increasing demand for and popularity of Hot Wheels as a collector's item.

Treasure Hunt vehicles were identifiable by a label on the package. The blister card said "Treasure Hunt" or "T-Hunt" on a green bar, sometimes with an illustration of a treasure chest. Since 2013,From Treasure Hunts do not have the green stripe anymore; instead, the cars were recognizable with a "flame in a circle logo" on the vehicle and behind it on the card. The cars were decorated with flashy designs and special "rubber" wheels before 2007.

From 2007, regular Treasure Hunt featured normal enamel paint and normal wheels like other Hot Wheels cars. The production of these is rumoured to be greater than previous T-Hunts, maybe 25,000. 

2021 Hot Wheels Super Treasure Hunts are premium vehicles with "TH" graphics, Specraflame paint, and Real Rider wheels. The cars are hidden within other series and the packaging does not reveal they are Super Treasure Hunts. Super Treasure Hunts may be as little as 5000 although Mattel does not say.

I do have the 1996 and 1999 Jaguar Treasure Hunt cars in their original packages.

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

HOT WHEELS 2021 FLYING CUSTOMS MUSTANGS

Something a little different in Mustangs this year.

s l1600
s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@david-green 

Thanks, you are the most knowledgeable person I know about Hot Wheels cars.  I had no idea of all the variations.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: