5 Posts
4 Users
8 Likes
Jack Daniels
(@jack-daniels)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi 

I would like to get a small (Approx 1/64)  Volkswagen Beatle. A model that represents the 60 thru 67 model.  (small bumpers)   Really does not have to be the best or most expensive, just one that is dark green or one I can paint. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

JD  

David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Hi Jack,

There are lots to choose from. A visit to Walmart or another department store should reveal a decent selection. Below are two currently for sale.

s l1600
s l1600

HotWheels and Matchbox usually issue at least one VW Beetle yearly in the one dollar range. The ones shown are somewhat more. 

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

Greenlight also produced one.  Here is a picture of mine.

IMG 1750

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Jack Daniels
(@jack-daniels)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, have purchased a couple greenlight VW's from PCM.com.  Question, does HW have what I would call an Easter egg in some of their castings?  Adding some bondo to a HW 944 and saw a item cast on the rear shelf of the interior.  Kind of neat?

HW 944 easter egg1
HW 944 easter egg3

ReplyQuote
Chris Sweetman
(@chris-sweetman)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @jack-daniels

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, have purchased a couple greenlight VW's from PCM.com.  Question, does HW have what I would call an Easter egg in some of their castings?  Adding some bondo to a HW 944 and saw a item cast on the rear shelf of the interior.  Kind of neat?

HW 944 easter egg1
HW 944 easter egg3

Hi Jack These 'Easter eggs' are noted and have been recorded on other sites. But this item is unusual.

Autominologist residing in the Robin Hood County
Nottinghamshire England UK

ReplyQuote
Share: