a so far, remarkable TV Drama.....Netflix "Maid"

226 Posts
14 Users
243 Likes
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I`m at the 70% mark on this series and I`m seeing some of the best drama I`ve ever seen.The first (of 10) episodes was electric.Now,on Episode 7, I`m still finding the story compelling.

Frank Kocour, John Kuvakas, Frank Kocour and 1 people reacted
Topic Tags
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Kelly and I saw episode 1 last night. We're looking forward to the rest. Thanks, John. Did you watch "The Killing"?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

Kelly and I saw episode 1 last night. We're looking forward to the rest. Thanks, John. Did you watch "The Killing"?

I hope you and Kelly find the series as compelling and satisfying as I did John.

"The Killing" does not ring a bell for me......there seems to be a Nordic version, but I`m wondering if the one you recommend is this one?

The first season of the AMC American crime drama television series The Killing premiered on April 3, 2011 and concluded on June 19, 2011.

...................If so,I`ll certainly have a look at it 

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

@john-barry, That's it. Fair warning, it is an excellent series with an ending that is not quite as satisfying as it could be. Still, it is well worth watching. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

Thanks John for the recommendation. My wife & I marathoned it yesterday - great show.

And yes, The Killing was very good - we watched that a couple of years back.

Here’s one from us - Broadchurch…a British crime story…3 seasons as I recall…on Netflix or (Amazon) Prime…

Zeeky Banutski
The People’s Republic of Maryland

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @terryslekar

Thanks John for the recommendation. My wife & I marathoned it yesterday - great show.

Here’s one from us - Broadchurch…a British crime story…3 seasons as I recall…on Netflix or (Amazon) Prime…

Outstanding Terry !!..............by my own records,I watched the first 3 episodes of Broadchurch some time back.....I don`t know why I didn`t get any further with it......I should probably go back to where I left off as I DO favor a good British series

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

Posted by: @john-barry

Outstanding Terry !!..............by my own records,I watched the first 3 episodes of Broadchurch some time back.....I don`t know why I didn`t get any further with it......I should probably go back to where I left off as I DO favor a good British series

You’re welcome…Broadchurch is outstanding - all 3 seasons…another good British one is Luther.

We’re currently watching American Rust (Showtime) - 5 weeks into it…great so far

Zeeky Banutski

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@terryslekar    I`m a BIG fan of "American Rust" also Terry.....I`m finding that each successive episode is more satisfying than the one that came before....Jeff Daniels seems born to play this roll.......to me,it has a vibe similar to (and light years beyond) that of "Longmire" 

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

@john-barry…yes it does seem very similar to Longmire (loved that one too). Have you tried Tin Star (another British one starring Tim Roth)?

Zeeky Banutski

Mark Sweeney, john barry, Mark Sweeney and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

@john-barry, That's it. Fair warning, it is an excellent series with an ending that is not quite as satisfying as it could be. Still, it is well worth watching. 

"sticking the landing" seems to be beyond the skill levels of so many series`,movies,and books......decades ago,I would devour every new Stephen King novel, knowing full well that the bigger-than-life monstrosity would most likely be revealed as a (another) giant mind reading spider 🤨 .......like life itself,it`s all about the journey aint it?

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Have you tried Tin Star (another British one starring Tim Roth)?

I sure have Smile  

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

Let me dig thru my rusty ol’ memory bank…there are a ton of British cop shows we’ve watched that we’re outstanding…

Zeeky Banutski

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

(C.B.) Strike…DCI Banks…The Fall…Shetland…Marcella…

Zeeky Banutski

Mark Sweeney, john barry, Mark Sweeney and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I haven`t see ANY of those Terry !!!!!!  I am up to S06 on Foyles War (a JK recommendation),halfway through "All Creatures Great and Small 2020 S02" and will definitely be on board when the next season of Doc Martin drops

**how far we`ve come from having just channels 11 and 13 (and maybe 9 out of Detroit on a clear night)**

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Famed Member

Posted by: @john-barry

I haven`t see ANY of those Terry !!!!!!  I am up to S06 on Foyles War (a JK recommendation),halfway through "All Creatures Great and Small 2020 S02" and will definitely be on board when the next season of Doc Martin drops

**how far we`ve come from having just channels 11 and 13 (and maybe 9 out of Detroit on a clear night)**

I’m putting those on my “look into” list, as we’re ALWAYS looking for something & the British seem to be doing it better than us lately…

In California in the 60’s, we had channel 2 (CBS), channel 4 (NBC) & channel 7 (ABC)…plus we had limited UHF (so we could watch the bullfights from Mexico)…

Zeeky Banutski

John Kuvakas, john barry, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 16
Share: