Assistance required

18 Posts
7 Users
59 Likes
Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I expect that at one time or another many of you will have received an e-mail promising you a large sum of money if you will simply provide some essential bank details and assist with the payment of some modest upfront administrative costs.

I usually have no problem deciding how to deal with these, but I received one this morning and I confess I am uncertain how to proceed. Screenshot below.

re Mr Pyke

Any helpful interpretation of the contents and any useful advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

p.s. the "anas superciliosa" is a Pacific black duck, if that's any help.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Graeme Ogg

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Well, before giving them anything at all, I would want some authentication for at least one of those radiatus specimens. It's fairly common knowledge that mr. pyke was fond of copying his nepenthean cups and selling them on the grey market. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Mike DeTorrice, Jack Dodds, Tony Perrone and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

It's from Brian Wilson!   It certainly sounds like him.... 😏 😏   I know, I know (not funny! )

- My advice: Delete all trace(s) and move on.

Steve Jacobs, Mike DeTorrice, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

All I can tell you is that, after reading the most important part of the body of this correspondence, when someone sets forth their Mahaffy, you will NOT have a social life in Greece.

Head North as quickly as possible and suddenly turn left!

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

@perrone1, some of my best friends have set forth their Mahaffy. I'm Greek, and we're still friends. However, I have to admit,  my Greek relatives no longer speak to them.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

All I can say is that I am rather disappointed with these doubtful responses.  If the lead singer of The Beach Boys were to send me this offer for financial gain I would be honored to participate!  No worries with this offer Graeme, I get nothing but good vibrations from it; the deal is obviously rock solid.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Jack Dodds

Pete Rovero, Steve Jacobs, Mike DeTorrice and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @jkuvakas

@perrone1, some of my best friends have set forth their Mahaffy. I'm Greek, and we're still friends. However, I have to admit,  my Greek relatives no longer speak to them.

I gotta tell you John, I had a number of Greek friends myself when I lived in the Tarpon Springs area of Florida. Nicky Kalogeras, John Kyriakos, 'Georgy' Georgiou and Andy  Papadopoulos from the Sponge Dock restaurant, "Papa's". (That's where I learned to love martini's made with Greek olives stuffed with anchovies)

But when any of them, had either too much Ouzo or martini's and extended their Mahaffy's - trust me, everyone ran!!  Shocked  

ReplyQuote
Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

All I can say is that I am rather disappointed with these doubtful responses.  If the lead singer of The Beach Boys were to send me this offer for financial gain I would be honored to participate!  No worries with this offer Graeme, I get nothing but good vibrations from it; the deal is obviously rock solid.

Thank you for your words of advice and encouragement, sir. I am suitably reassured and have decided to go ahead and accept, and will follow the instructions to the letter (even the parts where they spell things out in rather graphic detail).

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

YOU may get good vibrations but poor Graeme will no doubt think the surf's up, get in his Little Deuce Coupe and head for Kokomo to see some California girls who''ll tell him, Don't worry baby everything is alright!

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@perrone1 You said an albumfull there Tony!

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Oh! Caroline, no!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Oh! Caroline, no!

I LOVE this clip showing the emotional rendition including input from Timothy Schmit and arrangement with Jimmy Webb.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Oh! Caroline, no!

One of my absolute favorites. Originally, it was "Carol I know,"  but most of the studio musicians (of the famous Wrecking Crew-who recorded thousands of hits ) heard it as "Caroline, no."  

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

With commentary....

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
Steve Jacobs
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @perrone1

YOU may get good vibrations but poor Graeme will no doubt think the surf's up, get in his Little Deuce Coupe and head for Kokomo to see some California girls who''ll tell him, Don't worry baby everything is alright!

If I were you I'd just 'Sail On Sail On Sailor'.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: