Clear all

MEMORIES from a friend:

19 Posts
13 Users
74 Likes
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

For whatever reason,mom`s sprinkler bottle was was an old, giant size Canada Dry Ginger Ale bottle

I recall spotting that sprinkler bottle on the ironing board on MULTIPLE occasions and getting excited thinking our "STORE BRAND" house finally had some good soda pop..... instead of the typical Mason`s brand......after sipping at it three or four times through the screen,I became aware,of the cruel deception

100Ford2003, David Green, John Kuvakas and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Kroupa
(@2bubbas)
Estimable Member

Headlight dip-switches on the floor of the car.  I still have 4 cars that have that feature!
Ignition switches on the dashboard.  Same with this feature!  
Trouser leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.  Never used but remember them!
Soldering irons you heated on a gas burner.  Have one in my antique tools collection!
Using hand signals for cars without turn indicators.  Was doing that with my '46 Ford but added aftermarket unit!

100Ford2003, David Green, Frank Reed and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

I too have four cars with the dimmer switch on the floor...61 Corvette, 63 T-Bird Sports Roadster, 55 Imperial and 79 Lincoln Continental Mark V. As to owning cars before turn signals I have owned over fifty cars from the twenties, thirties, forties and early fifties.

Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003, David Green and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

And remember when you used a ratcheting jack / metal bumper to change a tire ....

Jack Dodds, David Green, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: