MERCURY ONLY PARKING HERE PLEASE

13 Posts
7 Users
15 Likes
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I always enjoy seeing the '52, '53, and '54 MERCURY.  To my eyes, three classics in a timeless body style.  Wish the diecast mints would have done them.  

52, 53, 54 Mercury's (2013 10 29 23 36 19 UTC)

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

100Ford2003, John Merritt, Bob Jackman and 2 people reacted
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Always a pleasure to see these, Mercury had great styling in the mid-50s.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

I think the '54 had the best rear end out of the three of them.

Frank Reed reacted
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pete-rovero

I think the '54 had the best rear end out of the three of them.

I totally agree!  I've always been a fan of those taillights.  I love all three, but the '54 is my favorite.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Pete Rovero reacted
ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Noble Member

@georgeschire   I totally agree;

Bill 1961

Spent two years riding shotgun in this rat '53, with my '48 Dodge in the background; best friend Bill on his '5? Triumph 650.  I am in my best position, laying down, 15 years old.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I love the '52 through '54 Mercs; with the '53 being my fave of that decade.  I sure hope Goldvarg do a HT and convertible in the future.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@brush This picture is a classic; so typical of us as teenagers with our beaters.  Spend hours tinkering on them, finally get it right and then go out and drive the living hell out of it until something else breaks....then repeat!

Brush and 100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

@brush This picture is a classic; so typical of us as teenagers with our beaters.  Spend hours tinkering on them, finally get it right and then go out and drive the living hell out of it until something else breaks....then repeat!

Oh so great memories indeed!  Too bad the current generation of kids will not have those same great times to look back on.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@georgeschire  I agree George.  I actually feel sorry for them and their computer/video/cell phone saturated culture.  Their perspective is very, very different than that of us old dudes of course and they understandably don't much care what we think, but IMHO they will never appreciate how much "life" they missed while not paying attention and being "out there".

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

Sorry if you have to strain your eyes to see this one, George, but here's a 1/43 beauty from Brooklin:

20211021 203415

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Moe Parr

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

@jack-dodds, it's the same for every generation. I remember my grandfather lamenting that I would never experience the joys of knowing and raising a horse or donkey for my transportation as he did in his village in Greece. I can see this generation of young people saying, "When I was a kid, you had to communicate through your phones. There was none of this brain-to-brain linking and teleportation! Boy! We had it made!"

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @moe-parr

Sorry if you have to strain your eyes to see this one, George, but here's a 1/43 beauty from Brooklin:

20211021 203415

I like it!  Enlarge it to 1:24 and I'd add it to my collection in the proverbial New York minute.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

@georgeschire  I agree George.  I actually feel sorry for them and their computer/video/cell phone saturated culture.  Their perspective is very, very different than that of us old dudes of course and they understandably don't much care what we think, but IMHO they will never appreciate how much "life" they missed while not paying attention and being "out there".

We are in agreement 100%.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Brush reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: