Notifications
Clear all

which book are you currently reading ?

Joop
 Joop
(@joop)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

At this moment I am re-reading Heretics of Dune, which I read for the first time in 1985.

It is the fifth novel in the series of six.

David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

METROPOLIS : A History of the City, by Ben Wilson.

Great read that goes back to the first city Uruk, about 5000BC and explains why cities developed. I'm almost finished  and it has kept my interest.

The development of modern cities like Manchester, Chicago and New York is especially memorable. Non-fiction and highly recommended.

ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Honorable Member

@david-green 

Sounds fascinating. I'll look into this one.

In a similar vein, Gore Vidal's novel Creation is about the rivalry between ancient Green and Persia from the Persian point of view.  It's a great read.

I'm reading The Museum of Extraordinary Things. It's not flowing, but I'm not far in. I'm afraid that I have the modern affliction of short attention span caused by smart phones.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Ed Glorius

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member

I am re-reading two different books that I find are actually quite related in what turns out to be both shocking, yet actually not unexpected, ways. They are "Kaigun - Strategy, Tactics and Technology in the Imperial Japanese Navy 1887 -1941" by David Evans and Mark Peattie and "Amelia Earhart - The Truth at Last" (2nd edition) by Mike Campbell.   

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Wow, I guess Hemming's Motor new doesn't count...sorry.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

@bob-jackman 

That's certainly thick enough to be considered a book Bob.

ReplyQuote
Bob Kroupa
(@2bubbas)
Trusted Member

I inherited 39 boxes of books from my Mother-in-law-  from 1920 to 2000-  currently reading "Death is now my Neighbor" by Colin Dexter- 1996-

Probably have read 20 boxes worth by now-  

ReplyQuote
Share: