I’m gonna blame it ...

Notifications
Clear all

I’m gonna blame it on Tony! Yeah, that’s the ticket!

11 Posts
5 Users
15 Likes
kevins
(@kevins)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here I was, happily collecting my Mint hot rods and Vettes, finally getting over my compulsion to collect every diecast ever made. I was poo-pooing the stock ‘30’s Fords, thinking they were only cool if they were chopped, channeled, punched, flamed, or otherwise desecrated. Then I saw Tony’s lost and found reviews, and that’s all it took. Within a month of eBay stalking, I now have three awesome works of art. I really should thank you Tony, number one for all you had work and diligence on getting these reviews out to us, and number two for turning me on to these models. P.S. The ‘36 didn’t come with the instructions, so can anyone please tell me how to work the rear window? It did include the tool, but I can’t figure it out.

IMG 0818

Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @kevins

Then I saw Tony’s lost and found reviews, and that’s all it took.

Those all look great-AND-you wouldn't be the first guy here to get suckered  into buying something AFTER someone's posted a review and/or pics.  It happens! 😀 😀  

Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

What beautiful vehicles and scale models of them. Great additions ......all instigated by Tony ! Wink  

Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
kevins
(@kevins)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@mikedetorrice We can’t let Tony know that we’re talking about him! Nonoise

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Kevin, they are 3 beautiful models, which I'm pleased to say I also have. Try and find the 33 Convertible if you can. Beautifully detailed interior. Tony has included it amongst his reviews. Doesn't the bike look great mixed in with the cars?

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Be careful Kevin, Tony's reviews have cost me a fortune over the years.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Roll Wink  

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

Be careful Kevin, Tony's reviews have cost me a fortune over the years.

+1!!!!

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
kevins
(@kevins)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just scored a Model A pickup to go with my other Ford stockers. I’ve always loved the looks of this truck, so I’m not totally blaming Tony for this one. Doe’s anyone know where I can locate a headlight lens? The model is pretty much perfect aside from this.

IMG 0864

David Green reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @kevins

Just scored a Model A pickup to go with my other Ford stockers. I’ve always loved the looks of this truck, so I’m not totally blaming Tony for this one. Doe’s anyone know where I can locate a headlight lens? The model is pretty much perfect aside from this.

IMG 0864

couple of cheapish ebay options Kevin. There are others there under Models and Kits Automotive.

ReplyQuote
kevins
(@kevins)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett Thanks Geoff, I’ll check it out.

ReplyQuote
Share: