(PICS)Three large s...

Notifications
Clear all

(PICS)Three large survivor models finally Photographed

Clifford Read
(@clifford-read)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My wife and I have been packing and arranging for a 'downsize move' and with all the packing of my toy and model rooms (2), I've finally been able to, again, get my hands on a few old models that were in cases, but in areas that were difficult to access.  The models are all large size.....a Monogram 1/8 scale Jaguar E-type,  A Monogram 1/8 scale '65 Corvette Stingray, and a Renwall 1/4 scale 'Visible Chassis'.  These models were all painted and built around 4 decades ago, and relatively inaccessible for about 20 years, but I've now been able to digitally photograph them.  Enjoy!

I'll Put pics of the Stingray in the Corvette column as well.

1 20210614 104813
1 20210614 104956
1 20210614 105049
1 20210614 105625
1 20210614 101216
1 20210614 101414
1 20210614 101308
1 20210614 101333
1 20210613 090956
1 20210613 091125
1 20210613 091056
1 20210613 091229 001
This topic was modified 4 months ago by Clifford Read

Chav, Jack Dodds, David Holcombe and 3 people liked
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Honorable Member

Hi Cliff,

You are so lucky to still have those Monogram kits ! How lucky we were as kids to receive them as gifts growing up. They were the ULTIMATE. (IMO) model car kits along with the JoHan Chrysler Turbine Car model kit along with other IMC and MPC kits. 

Oh please, take me to the toy dept. at Woolworths again.....

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Hi Cliff,

It may be 40 years but these are in superb condition. I have the E-Type (black) both built and in kit still but like you have not got close enough to photograph.

I had the Corvette also but parted with it years ago. This is the first time that I have seen that Renwal chassis in years. Wasn't the V* an added purchase and not with the original kit?

These were fantastic kits and I remember how much enjoyment I had putting them together. Thank you for showing them here. I prefer your British Racing Green colour to my black one. Wish I'd picked that instead at the time.

ReplyQuote
Rick Scoville
(@topgun1954)

Cliff, hard to believe those are 40 years old!  And you had them buried away all those years.  Glad you located them, photographed them and posted them here.  Truly excellent work!

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Estimable Member

David: I believe that you are right. The engine was a separate purchase. Just a guess, but could this be a '55 Chev frame and 265 cu " engine? A resin 1955 Chev body would be perfect. I believe that one was made years ago in 1/4 scale for the RC market.

ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Honorable Member

You must have some kind of a collection of models!  These are beautiful.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

Cliff, that is THE BEST assembled version of Renwall's 1/4 scale 'Visible Chassis' I have ever seen. Unbelievable to me that it's an 40+ year build. You sir, are A TRUE artist!  ...but I think I've told you that once or twice...or three or four, perhaps five or 6 times before.  As always Cliff, GREAT work! 😎 😎 

One question: Where's the exhaust?  I can't remember if the kit supplied one; surprised YOU didn't "fab" one.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Clifford Read
(@clifford-read)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @chris

Cliff, that is THE BEST assembled version of Renwall's 1/4 scale 'Visible Chassis' I have ever seen. Unbelievable to me that it's an 40+ year build. You sir, are A TRUE artist!  ...but I think I've told you that once or twice...or three or four, perhaps five or 6 times before.  As always Cliff, GREAT work! 😎 😎 

One question: Where's the exhaust?  I can't remember if the kit supplied one; surprised YOU didn't "fab" one.

Thank-you, Chris, for the nice compliments.  40 Years ago, I just built most models box-stock, albeit with good paint. It's too long ago to remember the intricacies of this build, but I can only presume that the Renwall kit didn't include an exhaust pipe or, I'm sure I'd have used it .  At the time, aluminum tubing wasn't something that I kept on hand (now-a-days, I have scads of the stuff in a myriad of diameters), and most of my old models were done cleanly, but not with the detail that I enjoy doing these days. 

As things gradually get back to normal, I hope the Canada/Us border will open again sometime soon and we can get together at a show in the future. My brother and I are both all vaccinated and ready to go. 

Chav liked
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

@clifford-read...   I HATE shots but my son is a Doctor therefore I couldn't "escape" the vaccine (plus, it's the right thing to do). So...yes, I've been vaccinated since March and hopefully by year's end or early next "normalcy" will once again prevail so that we can compare notes and finally shake hands. I've admired your work for years. Your 40 year old "box-stock" rolling chassis is no exception. 😀 

Chav liked
ReplyQuote
Share: