How many different brands of diecast do you own

11 Posts
8 Users
18 Likes
john3976
(@john3976)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I wonder how many different brands of diecast people own, myself I have 15 different brands in my collection. 

1. Exoto (10)

2. GMP (15)

3. Lane Exact Detail (10)

4. Highway 61 (10)

5. Carousel 1 (1)

6. Shelby Collectibles (2)

7. Green Light (1)

8. AUTOart (7)

9. ACME (40)

10. Precision Miniatures (2)

11. Auto World (9)

12. Road Signature (3)

13. Maisto (3)

14. Ertl (12)

15. Snap On (1) Unknown who this one was sourced from. 

Total 1/18 scale diecast in my collection 126

Topic Tags
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

I have 43 different manufacturers, with 511 total 1:18 models.

AutoArt is #1 with 120.

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

@gavin 

511! that’s just insane,where do you keep them all?😂

I have a total of 45 of 3 scales and have run out of room to display them,damned if I’ll leave them hidden away in their box’s 

This post was modified 5 months ago by Larry kemling

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

Woah....  now that's a question, that would require a bit of work but I can tell you...  I have "everybody" ...from Exoto, CMC right down to Jouef Eveolution. I'll buy the BEST example of a 1/18 make/model available or I won't buy it. Make sense?

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

That's an interesting question that I don't recall ever seeing

being posed before.  I had to refer to my Excel spreadsheet to count them.  I have 55 different diecast manufacturers in my collection.  I currently have 317 models.  Danbury Mint leads with 35.  In 1:18 scale, Maisto with 30.  

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Marty Johnson

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@Christopher, I try to find the best examples with great detail but sometimes the best example is sold out, space is also an issue as I don't buy diecast that I can't display, I do replace certain less expensive diecast with higher quality pieces when I can find them and they catch my eye. 

@Marty, My collection is solely 1/18 scale, my wife has three 1/24 scale pickup trucks for her holiday decorations, I prefer the higher detail the larger 1/18 scale allows the manufactures to put into them. I don't have the room for 1/12 scale or larger, I am at my limit space wise so now it is really looking for examples that have higher detail and quality to replace some of my cheaper diecast. Road Signature, Maisto, Shelby Collectibles, Green light and some of my Ertl are ones that I would replace with higher detail examples. 

Jack Dodds, Marty Johnson, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

Posted by: @larry-kemling

@gavin 

511! that’s just insane,where do you keep them all?😂

I have a total of 45 of 3 scales and have run out of room to display them,damned if I’ll leave them hidden away in their box’s 

@larry-kemling  I unfortunately don't have room to display all at once, so I rotate cars in & out....though a handful tend to be on permanent display.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@john3976 - I think a lot of collections are suppressed due to space considerations.  I don't do this but to solve the space dilemma I know many collectors rotate their collections. Recently, I moved two 1:8 models out of my display cabinet and relegated them in a cabinet in my garage.  I don't know what ultimately I'll do with them but for now, they've freed up a ton of space in one of my cabinets.  Like you, I've been weeding out lesser detailed models and replacing them with higher fidelity issues.  

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Famed Member

That is the exact reason why I quit collecting 1/18 scale cars.  Yes the detail is really nice, but for space, I went strickly with 1/24. Over 1000 cars on display in my office study.  Most of them are the Franklin, Danbury, GMP, WCPD.  Also in my office is over 100 plastic 1/25 kits that I have built and still building today.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I'm wondering what Bob Jackman's response to this question will be...Lol!  I think, based on some of his collection/house pics he posted a long while ago, that he may be counting for weeks.  (just kidding Bob).

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Estimable Member

I have 41 different manufacturers represented in my 326 car collection - The top 15 are

Exoto 92

Auto Art 33

GMP/Acme 25

Shelby Collectibles 21

Kyosho 18

Hot Wheels 16

Spark 15

Tecnomodel 9

Solido 9

Yat Ming 8

Carousel-1 8

PMA/Minichamps 7

True Scale Min. 7

BBR 6

CMR 6

All but four of the models are on display (two are duplicates and two are custom models under construction)

This post was modified 5 months ago by franklemire

ReplyQuote
Share: