Posted by: @100ford2003

@john-barry  

She might be 'very loosely' related to the Borgward Familia

"loosely" is a character trait I very much admire

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Oh, I so badly want some a that... and right now !

ReplyQuote
John Shamblin
(@shambles)
Noble Member

@john-barry Yall have Piggly Wiggles there? None around here. Plenty of them in AL.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @shambles

@john-barry Yall have Piggly Wiggles there? None around here. Plenty of them in AL. 

I don`t actually know John......it just seemed to fit the ludicrous narrative 🤨 _____I always got a big kick out of them having a pig as the store`s butcher mascot......seems like a particularly twisted and deviant marketing ploy

pig cutter

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @john-barry

I don`t actually know John......it just seemed to fit the ludicrous narrative 🤨 _____I always got a big kick out of them having a pig as the store`s butcher mascot......seems like a particularly twisted and deviant marketing ploy

pig cutter

That ploy gives me joy 😹 

There's nothing but good eatin when lil Piggly Wigglys are lounging around on breakfast platters wrapped in their lil blankets ready to be slathered in some butta and maple see-rup...

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @john-barry

pig cutter

That ploy gives me joy 😹 

There's nothing but good eatin when lil Piggly Wigglys are lounging around on breakfast platters wrapped in their lil blankets ready to be slathered in some butta and maple see-rup...

I HOPe you`re happy......teasing an old man with naught but coffee and water Formal Smile  

100Ford2003, Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Shamblin
(@shambles)
Noble Member

@john-barry LOL... I never thought about that logo being somewhat macabre, what with that weird smile and all. I'll probably have nightmares about it now. Many years ago, my attorney's office was right across the street from the downtown Piggly Wiggly. Everybody called him the "Piggly Wiggly Lawyer". Luckily, he had a good sense of humor.

100Ford2003, john barry, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry LOL... I never thought about that logo being somewhat macabre, what with that weird smile and all. I'll probably have nightmares about it now. Many years ago, my attorney's office was right across the street from the downtown Piggly Wiggly. Everybody called him the "Piggly Wiggly Lawyer". Luckily, he had a good sense of humor.

Piggly himself fought the noble fight to secure a lifetime contract as official spokesperson for the then tiny grocery chain....his father,Beauregard Wiggly, was mortified at the path his only son had pursued.

Consequently,the two have not spoken for decades

Beau Wiggly

Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Shamblin
(@shambles)
Noble Member

Now I'm curious.... was "Piggly" really Beauregard Wiggly Jr.? I can understand his father's feelings. After all, Piggly has a face that only a mother could love.

Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003, john barry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Now I'm curious.... was "Piggly" really Beauregard Wiggly Jr.? I can understand his father's feelings. After all, Piggly has a face that only a mother could love.

As befits your status as a former rock star....I`d expected you to make the jump to that stick-in-your-head classic :

♫♪♪Beau Wiggly♫♪♪

♫♪♪ Bo Wiggly, Bo Wiggly have you heard?

Bo Wiggly caught a nanny goat

To make his pretty baby a Sunday coat

Bo Wiggly caught a bearcat

To make his pretty baby a Sunday hat ♫♪♪

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry 

Good Lord !!  There's a strange resemblance to a blind date I almost, almost went on. I thank the 'Heavenly Pork Sausages' above that I bailed on that 'ham hock' !

Jack Dodds, john barry, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry 

Good Lord !!  There's a strange resemblance to a blind date I almost, almost went on. I thank the 'Heavenly Pork Sausages' above that I bailed on that 'ham hock' !

C`MON Steve..........we know you went out with her.....you must`ve known she`d squeal eventually......where`d ya meet her? ....at the candy store?

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry 

No, no... We were foreign exchange students at the time. In Cuba. We met at the Bay of Pigs... 

Steve

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry 

No, no... We were foreign exchange students at the time. In Cuba. We met at the Bay of Pigs... 

Steve

despite protestations to the contrary,your date sounds delicious

took a minute.....but I have attained surveillance imagery of what was classified as "prom night"

peaceandwar (3)

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

The mosquitos were especially hungry that night. We were bitten in places that haven't see the Sun in many Moons.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: