From My Collection... Something Different

15 Posts
11 Users
34 Likes
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's a look at a couple "behind the scenes" shots at models included in my photoshoots today.

Behind the Scenes 1
Behind the Scenes 2

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Pete Rovero, Ben Lampson, Moe Parr and 8 people reacted
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Beautiful arrangement of a few thousand dollars' worth of scale replicas; thanks for sharing. You've had a busy Monday. 😎 

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for sharing these with us John. I have a few of them.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

Great to see this, John!

I count SIX Hudson Hornets, and I share your enthusiasm for that car.

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @moe-parr

Great to see this, John!

I count SIX Hudson Hornets, and I share your enthusiasm for that car.

Hornets by the half-dozen....gotta love it!

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@moe-parr 

Yes, six wonderful Hudson Hornets and four Hudson-Terraplane models from 1936, which is another big favorite. 

After my chores today, I hope to feature a couple more Hudson models from 1942, 46 & 51. I do love these Hudson models.

John Merritt

Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

John, I see some woody wagons, some fastbacks, and a woody fastback! 

My kinda guy!

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

Amongs the group, I have eight of them included three woodie wagons. I am always in reflexion for the 1946 Pontiac and just hope that she will appears on the Brooklin site without apply to be a member of the BCC?

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Noble Member

@jcarnutz Maybe it’s the angle, but I can’t get a good take on these two woodies. What are they and who made them?

7D430AB0 E71F 4FE8 B9C2 D58C739EFC0F

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

@randyrusk The Pontiac looks that one and it is Conquest model.

48 Pontiac

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The Pontiac Woody is from Conquest and the '47 Oldsmobile 66 Country Club is also from Conquest

John Merritt

Randy Rusk reacted
ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Noble Member

@michel-lemieux I highly recommend you go for it because you will not be disappointed. It compares very well to the NBC 1941 Lincoln Zephyr you already have. GST and Customs fees are horrible but....... don't miss on this one. I am not a fan of Brooklin models and I had to get it.

However, there is a very serious plating defect on the grille and front bumper and Brooklin is aware of it. They offered to send me a replacement model and cover the cost of return but I just asked for a grille and bumper to be shipped. This will be an easy fix when I will get the parts.

If you make the decision to buy, make sure the model will be inspected before shipping.  

Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@randyrusk Randy - Here's the Conquest '47 Olds

Conquest CON 70 Oldsmobile Woody pic1
Conquest CON 70 Oldsmobile Woody pic2

Randy Rusk, David Green, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

@nickies I've always been more of a fan of white metal models although now I find them a little too expensive and I've been buying almost more for 2 years. My wallet can't keep up. I only have three resin models including 2 MCUSAs with the metal base and a NEO. There are a few model in resin that are starting to tease me a bit especially the 1958 Cadillac that you showed on the forum but again I find the prices going up. Anyway, I think I've done quite a bit and like many collectors, I wonder what I'm going to do with all this. Regarding the 1946 Pontiac yes it is very beautiful and very tempting but even if it is very detailed in my opinion if I compare with other white metal models that I have it does not seem to be worth more for the price despite just like my MCUSA 1948 Chevy Aero Sedan Green over Green shown here in the GM in Miniature book by Randall Olson. This Chevrolet is in resin. The Chevrolet cost me half the price and maybe less than what I would have to pay for the Pontiac. Another factor that tickles me a little is that I have to register as a member of the BCC and quite possibly it will be my last NB Center model that I will buy and find myself taking someone's place. who would want to enjoy it more than me being a member and wanting to buy more than one. For the moment I remain on my position and I will see well on the site of Brooklin if it remains or if it will have been bought by all the members. Merci Richard! 

gm 2

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

@nickies 

Let us know when you get the replacement parts, and how much of a difference they make.

Your comments are about the front bumper and grill.  How did the rear bumper look?  On a related matter, I noticed a difference in the brightness of the chrome bumpers for a pair of Highway Travellers (made by SMTS) 1961 Plymouths, which I purchased from the Route 66 Model Car Store.  About 2 years ago, I purchased the convertible, and the plating on the bumpers was nice and bright, just as you would expect.  Earlier this year, I purchased a recently re-issued station wagon (coral and beige color).  The plating on the bumpers is not as bright as the convertible.  I wonder if this is related, since SMTS and Brooklin are part of the same company?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Share: