Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

My absence from Fou...

Notifications
Clear all

My absence from Fourm 43

Page 1 / 2

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I posted this on the Fourm 24, but if it's OK, I'll add it here as well

Guys,

I've wanted to give an explanation for my absence, but unfortunately, I have been unable to. I am having a decent day, so I thought I'd stop by and explain.

This is a really long story and incredible ordeal, but because of my limited abilities-I must keep it short.

A little over 3 weeks ago, I developed a fairly serious eye infection. With medication and a couple procedures, the infection cleared but my vision did not improve.

Now after a multitude of tests, the determination is an issue with my retina, which will require surgery. That was scheduled, but late last week I redeveloped another infection, this time very severe in the one eye and just slight in the original eye. Today, I am now on heavy drugs which make me sleep a lot, my body feels like I've been runover by a truck. My vision is severely impaired to the point that computer time is almost impossible, just too blurry. I am stuck at home in a dark house because bright light is unbearable. I am also unable to work or to drive.

Everything is up in the air as to my surgery; the infection has to be cleared before they can look at the retinas effectively. I have never spent so much time with doctors or in the hospital/ER in my life. 

So, when I can and I am having a decent day, I will stop by, make a comment or two, but I just can't pull together a post. Thanks to my wife, who corrected all my errors in this type and helped me to get it posted.

Stay safe and take care. 

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Karl Schnelle, Keko Romero, Randy Rusk and 3 people liked
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Noble Member

John, prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way ! Get healed and I am confident you will get this all fixed and be back here soon !

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Prominent Member

Sending all best wishes and positive energy your way, John! Today's medical procedures and drugs are nothing short of miraculous and you'll be back to yourself before you know it! In the meantime take good care, with your wonderful wife's help, and know that your presence here is missed and will be welcomed back greatly!

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Reputable Member

Hope that you will find a good retinologist and everything will be ok for you, John.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

John, My prayers are with you for a full recovery.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

John, I'm rooting for your full recovery!   Hang in there, good buddy!

David H  Nerd  

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

WOW, so sorry about this John. Certainly you are in our prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Please keep us informed as much as you can.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

All the best John on your recovery. Eye problems are very frustrating and take time to recover. We will be thinking of you and look forward to your return once you are fit.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Our prayers and hearts are with you, John. Take your time and heal. We'll wait, you're worth it, brother!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Prominent Member

I'll add my prayers for your recovery.

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

ReplyQuote
David Knight
(@david-knight)
Honorable Member

I join others in wishing you well through all of this, John. You are in my prayers. You are an important part of our group and we miss you.

David Knight
Richmond, Virginia. USA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

John - Really sorry to hear this and I hope you will get back 100% and post again soon. I had eye surgery a few years ago and know that it is a tough thing to go through, but I didn't have to put up with infection too. Best of luck with your recovery.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

John, sorry to hear about your eye problems. I wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
johnstyles
(@johnstyles)

John so sorry to hear about your health troubles. If you need anything you know I am just the next town over.

ReplyQuote
Randy Rusk
(@randyrusk)
Estimable Member

John, best wishes on a speedy recovery. We’ve missed your daily posts of your collection.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO