Neat little display case!

5 Posts
3 Users
8 Likes
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I found this one advertised as a 1/64 truck display case but when I looked at the dimensions I thought it would work for 1/43 and it's perfect for 3! It's stackable too so it allows for a good number of cars in a compact space. I bought 3 so far.

It's made (in the USA!) by Pioneer Plastics and costs about $20 each. It's also available with a mirrored base or a wood base but since I plan to stack them I don't want to block any light from passing through.

20220806 102024

Here it is displaying 3 Mopar business coupes.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Moe Parr

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

Karl Schnelle, Michel Lemieux, Ed Davis and 3 people reacted
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @moe-parr

I found this one advertised as a 1/64 truck display case but when I looked at the dimensions I thought it would work for 1/43 and it's perfect for 3! It's stackable too so it allows for a good number of cars in a compact space. I bought 3 so far.

It's made (in the USA!) by Pioneer Plastics and costs about $20 each. It's also available with a mirrored base or a wood base but since I plan to stack them I don't want to block any light from passing through.

20220806 102024

Here it is displaying 3 Mopar business coupes.

Nice but does the tires stick with the plastic and let a mark on the display case with the time? I bought a few months ago some display cases by Carney Plastics 1:18 oversized for put 4 models 1:43 in each without the mirror in cardboard and a couple of weeks after, all the plastic in contact with the tyres was deformed. So i putted a carton inside. For me it was better to not take off the mirrored base.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@michel-lemieux Michel, I have all of my white metal 1/43 scale models in Carney display cases and have never had a problem like you describe. Many of the models have been in these cases for over twenty years. I have heard of collectors having problems so I must be extremely lucky. Are your cases inside a climate controlled environment? I have also heard of resin models having this problem and sticking to their base plates....again I have not had that problem.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Prominent Member

@bob-jackman 

Fortunately, I was able to take off my models all in white metal without damaging anything, even the tires are correct, just the plastic where the tires came from, it left 16 small marks. Maybe that's why they put a mirrored cardboard with the display cases? However with some of my 1:18, with the heaviness the wheels stuck so much that when trying to take off a model, the two rear wheels came off. I leave the others inside. It's so sticky that the models don't even move inside. Now I'm not taking a chance. I move the models regularly to see if everything is correct or I place a cardboard to be sure that there is not a chemical reaction. My displays are as far away as possible from windows and the sun and in summer I have air conditioning. Maybe heating in the winter? However, the displays are also far from the heaters. I dare not imagine what would have happened with resin models although they are less heavy. Let's say I feel a lot more comfortable and less worried putting my models in a glass cabinet on glass shelves.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@michel-lemieux 

I just put the cars in this morning so I don't know if the tires will react with the plastic but I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up!

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Share: