Clear all

TRAX All 4 together!

22 Posts
8 Users
40 Likes
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

That 1958 Plymouth is very nice.  I missed that one. It is unique that Chrysler sold the four door hardtop in OZ rather than the sedan.   I think this is the website you go to to order models:

https://topgear.com.au/

Trax is complicated, they go by Trax,  Top Gear,  and URTI (UR Trading International Pty Ltd.) which shows on their invoice when you receive a model.   Whatever they call themselves, they announce models WAY in advance of their availability.   You have to get your order in early or you can miss out.  Once they have an order from you and your mailing address, they will send you a periodic color brochure in the postal mail showing their product line,  most of which are Australian only cars such as Fords, Holdens, and local designed Australian made Chrysler products.   If you see two US type cars and want to order them they may become available at quite different times and to arrange for combined shipping can be problematic.  And that is often worthwhile as shipping from Australia to the USA can be pricey, at least in comparison to Ebay purchases from China/Hong Kong.   I have multiple times urged Trax to be more active in marketing to the USA, especially with the products that are clones of US made cars.  They do not seem to take me up on this suggestion even though it would surely not impact their sales volume in the home market.  I am of the belief that a bulk shipment of say 10-20 of these USA cars to a distributor in the USA would result in them all being sold out.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Noble Member

Posted by: @kenspear

where can you buy the Trax American cars?

Here is about 1500 of them, give or take.

If you buy them all and run out, let me know and I'll easily find you more....ebay is full of them.

https://picclick.com/Toys-Hobbies/Diecast-Toy-Vehicles/?q=trax+1%2F43&descriptionSearch=true

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Two I would love to get hold of are their '66 Ford Galaxie and the '57 Chevrolet Bel Air, both long sold out.  Pretty amazing there never seems to have been a quality resin/diecast of the '57 Chevy produced, their green one would look even nicer with some US wheels on it.  Although I have recently bought a very cheap 007 one which I may put up shortly!

ReplyQuote
renato bardi
(@renato-bardi)
Honorable Member

@john-quilter

trr62b 1 43 trax 1953 customline sedan lhd red white small

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ah yes, I have that one too.  Forgot about him.

Ford 1
Ford 2
Ford 3
Ford 4

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

The Plymouth and Dodge look wonderful in blue !

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

@carlo14  These are not Trax items but I believe they are IXOs from a partworks series.  The yellow Galaxie sedan needed the front cowl and rear toneau panel touched in to match the body color,  for some reason they did it in white of the roof. The Galaxie four door hardtop is my modification of one. 

1966 Ford LTD #1

And the sedan prior to paint correction.

1966 Ford unpainted side

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: