Clear all

a so far, remarkable TV Drama.....Netflix "Maid"

Page 4 / 5

john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @terryslekar

Just started a new one - “Defending Jacob”…so far, so good…

the trailer looks like it was very well shot

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@terryslekar  Terry,you may have already seen the 4 seasons of the "The Durrells in Corfu" but just in case you haven`t......it looks like it`s free viewing for Amazon Prime members.......it`s possibly the best BBC type series I`ve had the pleasure to watch

Durrells

a scene from the first episode

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Thanks…we’ll check it out..

The People’s Republic of Maryland

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Started watching “The Durrells” (in Corfu)…two episodes in & it looks like we’re going to enjoy it! 👍🏻

And elder son Larry was Prince Charles in “The Crown”…

This post was modified 1 month ago by TerrySlekar

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Started watching “The Durrells” (in Corfu)…two episodes in & it looks like we’re going to enjoy it! 👍🏻

And elder son Larry was Prince Charles in “The Crown”…

that`s so cool !!!! 😀 ........I didn`t recognize the older brother in "The Crown"......the middle brother is one of the veterinarians in the latest remake of "All Creatures Great and Small".......the mother has shown up several times since "Corfu",always turning in a stellar performance

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I`m on Ep04 of "Manhunt: The Night Stalker" starring "Doc Martin`s" Martin Clunes as DCI......it`s as well and intelligently done as you might expect from a top shelf BBC production......even more so owing to the presence of the remarkable Clunes

"The first season of Manhunt, which follows the true story of the police investigation and ultimately the arrest of serial killer Levi Bellfield, was the highest-rated new UK drama of 2019.

*In the second season, titled Manhunt: The Night Stalker, BAFTA and SAG Award-winning actor Martin Clunes (Doc Martin) reprises his role as London Metropolitan Police detective DCI Colin Sutton,* who was the Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) on another case that made headlines in the UK — for 17 years."

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the recommendation…I almost forgot another great one…called “Wentworth” (2013-2021)” - it’s an Australian women’s prison drama…9 seasons, 100 episodes so far…We’ll-written, well-acted, well-produced_

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member

Posted by: @john-barry

I`m at the 70% mark on this series and I`m seeing some of the best drama I`ve ever seen.The first (of 10) episodes was electric.Now,on Episode 7, I`m still finding the story compelling.

We've watched the entire series. It's excellent.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

…I almost forgot another great one…called “Wentworth” (2013-2021)” - it’s an Australian women’s prison drama…9 seasons, 100 episodes so far…We’ll-written, well-acted, well-produced_

That looks like a solid winner !!......thanks Terry

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Just finished "American Rust".........very well told tale......satisfying throughout 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 

I tagged this thread today as "Good Show"........if you ever wish to locate it easily,just search "Tags" for "Good Show"

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

"Give me an epic drama and a mustache stout enough to hang it on" jB

I hope this proves to be as good as it looks 😕 

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Honorable Member

Definitely looks interesting, my problem being the proliferation of streaming services one will have to purchase in order to view them😒

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @larry-kemling

Definitely looks interesting, my problem being the proliferation of streaming services one will have to purchase in order to view them😒

aint it the truth !!......remember when small motels would advertise,on their marquees, FREE HBO__FREE ESPN !!!!!!......as a traveling salesman,and later an OTR truck driver,these were like promises of a glimpse into unseen wonders

Nerd  

Top shelf "watch-in-your-pajamas"video entertainment,with each progressive step,from motel HBO,through all the Mom `n` Pop video stores and the domination of cable TV to our current smorgasbord of streamin` demons........we get increasingly numerous,yet slightly smaller pools of selection at ever higher prices

RCA Indian Head Test Pattern.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

@john-barry   John B.;  IMHO Foyle's War is the best of the lot when it comes to British Crime Series.  The way it develops is outstanding; especially towards the end.  I hated to come to the finish.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds .............. we (you me and JK among others) talked about Foyle`s war back in the "open room" forum some time back

I am currently at S06E03 of Foyle......I lost the viewing momentum some time after the "war ended"......I will get back to it someday fer sure

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: