Luxury Cars

6 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
Brush
(@brush)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Where I grew up luxury cars were quite rare and never owned unless 10 years old, so I never grew a taste for them; they were not practical for blue collar workers.   Here are the only ones from each manufacturer that I actually like the styling/design of. Strange that I only like 2 of each make, American cars of the '50 to '71 time period I like best.

Cadillac the '57 Series 62 and the '62 series 62.

57 Series 62 (1)
57 Series 62 (2)
62 Coupe DeVille (6)
62 Coupe DeVille (7)

Chrysler the '62 300 & the '70 Hurst 300.

62 300 H (12)
62 300 H (13)
70 Chrysler 300 Hurst (6)
70 Chrysler 300

Lincoln it is the '56 Premier & the '71 Mark III.

56 Premiere (3)
56 Premiere (4)
71 Continental Mark III (2)
71 Continental Mark III (1)

Ed Glorius, Moe Parr, Ed Glorius and 1 people reacted
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Bruce;  your choices are very similar to mine.  I would include the 61 Lincoln and 55 Imperial as well.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

• Great post, Brush! Not surprisingly, the Chryslers are my favorite. That '62 is spectacular! And the 300-Hurst is fantastic, I LOVE the "Fuselage" bodystyle on the big Chryslers. I have that one in 1/43. 

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

Brush and Brush reacted
ReplyQuote
Al_Dorado
(@al_dorado)
Noble Member

Since childhood, I always had a particular fondness for American luxury marques from the 1950's and 1960s, especially Cadillac.  I always dreamed of having one.  In 1985, I almost bought a triple-white Cadillac Eldorado but I just couldn't quite financially swing it.  When I was finally ready to purchase a luxury car two years later, the Eldo had become a drastically downsized, GM cookie-cutter box  with questionable build quality.  So I decided on the new 1987 Acura Legend V6 luxury sport sedan instead.  I'm glad I didn't get the Eldo as I learned years later that the anemic HT4100, V8-6-4 and diesel engines were absolute crap. 

85eldo (Small)
87acura (2)

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @al_dorado

Since childhood, I always had a particular fondness for American luxury marques from the 1950's and 1960s, especially Cadillac.  I always dreamed of having one.  In 1985, I almost bought a triple-white Cadillac Eldorado but I just couldn't quite financially swing it.  When I was finally ready to purchase a luxury car two years later, the Eldo had become a drastically downsized, GM cookie-cutter box  with questionable build quality.  So I decided on the new 1987 Acura Legend V6 luxury sport sedan instead.  I'm glad I didn't get the Eldo as I learned years later that the anemic HT4100, V8-6-4 and diesel engines were absolute crap. 

85eldo (Small)
87acura (2)

I really liked the styling of the circa 1985 Cadillac Eldorado but yes it did have its issues.  My brother-in-law has a beautiful one in light blue metallic which was dependable enough but man oh man did those "wire" hubcaps ever flex and make a racket!

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Illustrious Member

I love them all, whether it be a luxury car or a bare bones stripper.

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Share: