(Pic) A pedal car

12 Posts
4 Users
42 Likes
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here is a very old family picture from about 1927 or so showing my Aunt Flamina as a little girl at the controls of a neat pedal car in Chicago. Today, I bet that pedal car would likely be worth quite a bit of dollars !

20240512 225024

Charles Rockett, Paul Rouffa, David Green and 5 people reacted
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

VERY, VERY cool Mike! It looks like the car behind it! You're so right about the prices these command today. The TV show, American Pickers, seem to specialize in finding some pristine versions of these, decades-old, pedal cars and they do go for the BIG $!

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Tony ! Yes, the pedal cars can go for a considerable amount of money. I recall a pedal car fire engine I piloted as a small kid and I can still vaguely remember being in it near the Lincoln Cosmopolitan and 1955 Pontiac parked in our garage.

The pedal fire truck had a very small removable wooden ladder I remember that was basically meant for show and not actually trying to climb on, lol !

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @mikedetorrice

Thanks, Tony ! Yes, the pedal cars can go for a considerable amount of money. I recall a pedal car fire engine I piloted as a small kid and I can still vaguely remember being in it near the Lincoln Cosmopolitan and 1955 Pontiac parked in our garage.

The pedal fire truck had a very small removable wooden ladder I remember that was basically meant for show and not actually trying to climb on, lol !

Ooo, I remember those. Something like this?:

Screenshot 2024 05 26 153818

Mike DeTorrice, john barry, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It was likely much like that one, Tony. Somewhere in the family photo files there may exist a photo of it .....possibly with me behind the steering wheel !

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Illustrious Member

When I was a young boy, I always wanted "a car that you get in" sadly that didn't happen.

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

This one, currently on ebay for $350,  is exactly like the "Murray" brand one I played with as a kid and one day turned it over onto myself after being pushed at speed...I still bear the scar on my forehead, 60-odd years later.  Lol.

John Kuvakas, John Bono, Tony Perrone and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

What a very neat pedal car ! The cars we buzzed around in were probably much like that one. Nowdays, they can be worth quite a bit in reasonable condition. If I only still had the items and toys I had in old family pictures ...... Envy Roll  

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @sizedoesmatter

When I was a young boy, I always wanted "a car that you get in" sadly that didn't happen.

Me too John. I wanted a pedal car like one of the boys had, but like you, didn't get one. But when I was 12 or 13, I got a go-kart that I bought with newspaper delivery money I made. Woo Eee!

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @perrone1

Me too John. I wanted a pedal car like one of the boys had, but like you, didn't get one. But when I was 12 or 13, I got a go-kart that I bought with newspaper delivery money I made. Woo Eee!

No, I never got a go-kart, but when I was 62 years old, I got my first Corvette. it was a 2001 Magnetic Red Coupe. 

2001 Corvette mag red

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@sizedoesmatter LOL!  Patience is a virtue John.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @perrone1

No, I never got a go-kart, but when I was 62 years old, I got my first Corvette. it was a 2001 Magnetic Red Coupe. 

2001 Corvette mag red

LOVE it!  Inlove

ReplyQuote
Share: