(Pics) 1959 Dodge

Notifications
Clear all

(Pics) 1959 Dodge

Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

This is a 1959 Dodge convertible as done by SunStar in 1/18th scale. Here, I have added an extra convertible top-up from a Yat Ming 1961 Imperial to have both a top-up and top-down version of the big '59 Dodge. I also have a coupe version of this stylish Dodge.

Photo Series 1 25 20 013mod2YDZ
Photo Series 11 3 16 006mod4BYDZ
Photo Series 11 3 16 005mod3YDZ
Photo Series 1 25 20 011mod3YDZ
11944033424 5d350b7272 ov3YDZ
Photo Series 1 25 20 001mod1YDZ
Photo Series 1 25 20 014mod3YDZ
Photo Series 1 25 20 007mod2YDZ
Photo Series 11 3 16 004mod2YDZ
Photo Series 1 25 20 017mod7YDZ
Photo Series 1 13 14 017mod2YDZ

Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

YEP! Just as I PREDICTED 7 YEARS AGO!  This tooling is so twisted, droopy and just plain wrong that Sunstar had to really "FIGHT" to make their hardtop version and would PROBABLY GIVE UP trying to tool a "top up" convertible.  

Such a shame too. This 1/18 1959 Dodge could have really been a great model. Crying  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Great pictures Mike. Too bad but mine didn't come with the young ladies.

Moe Parr liked
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @chris

YEP! Just as I PREDICTED 7 YEARS AGO!  This tooling is so twisted, droopy and just plain wrong that Sunstar had to really "FIGHT" to make their hardtop version and would PROBABLY GIVE UP trying to tool a "top up" convertible.  

Such a shame too. This 1/18 1959 Dodge could have really been a great model. Crying

<Yawn> Get a grip. I made this top-up convertible version quite easily, so you "predicted" nothing at all. 

Posted by: @bob-jackman

Great pictures Mike. Too bad but mine didn't come with the young ladies.

Thanks, Bob ! I think they were an "extra" option .... which I naturally immediately added, LOL !

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

@mikedetorrice ....  LOL! Oh excuse me Mike, I guess I missed that Sunstar release(that you claimed would happen years ago....hmmm..). Just when did they manufacture a 1/18 1959 Dodge "top-up" convertible? You need to face facts Mike. Sunstar kind of blew it and so far my prediction has held up (like it or not). And as for "...making this top-up convertible version quite easily.."   Ah...are you kidding me?  Simply placing a "borrowed" convertible top on top of a model (with the boot still in place no less) hardly constitutes effort or the "art of making."  You exercised more creativity taking your glamour pics. 

Give me a ******* break! Gape  

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Honorable Member

Beautiful model and believe it or not I'm talking about the car.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @chris

@mikedetorrice ....  LOL! Oh excuse me Mike, I guess I missed that Sunstar release(that you claimed would happen years ago....hmmm..). Just when did they manufacture a 1/18 1959 Dodge "top-up" convertible? You need to face facts Mike. Sunstar kind of blew it and so far my prediction has held up (like it or not). And as for "...making this top-up convertible version quite easily.."   Ah...are you kidding me?  Simply placing a "borrowed" convertible top on top of a model (with the boot still in place no less) hardly constitutes effort or the "art of making."  You exercised more creativity taking your glamour pics. 

Give me a ******* break! Gape  

LOL, nope, you need to get a clue, Chris. I never said they were about to release anything. In fact, on the contrary, my point was that market conditions then (and generally now, too ) make it unlikely SunStar (or really many manufacturers) are going to release or tool up ANY additional cars or do additional new versions. Repaints are generally the current reality. Gee, Yat Ming hasn't done a top-up 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88, or a top-up '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser or '59 Buick, either.

And yes, because I very easily put a top on this '59 Dodge, it could easily be done by SunStar should they need to. Your childish rants sound like a kid who didn't quite get the EXACT color toy they wanted. You look silly when you stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue.

If you don't like a model, save the tiresome public drama and don't buy it.

Here's a list of all the perfect 1/18 models :

And for comparison, here's lists of the 1/24 and 1/43 models that are faultless :

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kocour

Beautiful model and believe it or not I'm talking about the car.

Thanks ! Ha, the gals are just added eye-candy ! Most models (cars and girls), in spite of any drawbacks (and few, if any, are perfect) , can be very enjoyable and quite pleasing. The big 1959 Dodge itself is quite good subject matter in any scale !

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

@mikedetorrice Once again Mike, you fail to see my point (poor comprehension skills?) and your memory is faulty. Why do I even bother? Enjoy your day Cowboy.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL, you remain as petulant as ever, Chris. Have a lollipop and take a time out. Maybe it will do you some good.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

@mikedetorrice You just never know when to shut up; and as always, you must have the last word...yet, I'm the "petulant" one.  ******* hilarious!

"....your serve."   Come on...    I  know you're salivating.  LOL

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL, well, obviously the lollipop and time out didn't work ! Gee, maybe blanky or a pacifier will calm the tantrum ? Here, just for you, this should help :

Photo Series 7 25 15 003mod2XCZ

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

LOL....hilarious.  "Go to your respective corners gentlemen....when the bell rings, come out swinging."

ReplyQuote
Share: