How to add a YouTub...

Notifications
Clear all

How to add a YouTube video to your post.

8 Posts
5 Users
10 Likes
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

This will work for Vimeo and most other platforms as well. 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Famed Member

I find it easy enough to copy a YouTube video by simply clicking the blue star on the top bar and saving the video title as a "bookmark". You can then select the bookmark and right-click to "Copy" then paste the URL into a forum post.

But what I WOULD like to know is how people select a portion of a longer video (e.g. one song from a concert) and save it. I found a couple of free apps online that let me run a video of my choice and mark a "start" point and an "end" point, and the selected section of video should be cropped out and saved. But then I couldn't find the resulting video clip anywhere! I wondered whether the selection gets saved to the website of the app provider "in the cloud" and maybe you are supposed to subscribe or register in order to access it, or if there is some other procedure to be followed, but I experimented a couple of times and never could locate my video clips. Can anyone offer a solution?

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

This will work for Vimeo and most other platforms as well. 

Thank-you!

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Thanks, John for those clear instructions !

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Illustrious Member

Looks easy. Thanks, John!

Now for the hard part, how can I remember these instructions?

John Bono
North Jersey

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Famed Member

I'm surprised no-one has come up with an answer to my question about selecting a section of a video, because I think quite a number of people on various forums have posted brief clips (sometimes running on a short "repeat" loop) which I assumed must have been snipped out of a longer video. If anyone knows a suitable method or app for doing that, it would be fun to know how to do it.

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@sizedoesmatter

Find your YT video

Click on share in the bottom right

Click on "copy"

Paste that into your post. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

John Bono reacted
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@graeme-ogg, I use an app called "Camtasia." It can do what you want to do and much more. It's the software I use in making and editing my videos. But, it is relatively expensive. The same company produces a program called "Snagit" which is less expensive but still can produce an edited video or a gif. There may be some free apps out there that help to make a gif. Be careful. I've had some bad experiences with downloading "free" apps.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Share: