Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

Poll: Which '63? (5...

Notifications
Clear all
Poll results: '63 Buick or Chevrolet?
Voter(s): 16
Poll is closed May 31, 2022
'63 Buick  -  votes: 5 / 31.3%
31.3%
'63 Chevrolet  -  votes: 8 / 50%
50%
Tie  -  votes: 3 / 18.8%
18.8%
Sorry no interest in this selection.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Poll: Which '63? (5/17/2022)

John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

'63 Buick or Chevrolet?

Be sure to make your selection.

Of course, please “Reply” to share your comments.

Click on the picture to enlarge the image.

1963 Buick Riviera 11
1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe 13

John Bono
North Jersey

John Napoli, 100Ford2003, Ed Glorius and 1 people liked
Topic Tags
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Both are great...Buick for the comfort and the Vette for the investment potential. Have to go with the Vette as somewhere down the road I could sell the vette and buy three of the Buicks.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

This is like choosing between two of your kids! It's worse than the choice Sophie had to amke. 

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

I don't feel this is a fair comparison tonight.  The Corvette compared to a T-Bird or Mustang would be a better comparison.  Or the Riviera with a GTO or an Oldsmobile 4-4-2.  But a Corvette and Riviera are not on the same page together.  Just my opinion.  And that opinion shared, I vote the RIVIERA all day and twice on Sunday.  I'll leave the Corvette for Mr. Jackman.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

You know, maybe that's my problem.  I've never ever bought anything or collected anything with the thought being what the resale value or collector value may be down the road.  If it is my problem, I'm not apologizing for it.  I buy and collect things because I like them and never for what I might be able to sell them for later.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Prominent Member

Apples and oranges. I'd vote both if I could. I suppose I'd take the Corvette since there are so many modern GTs that do more of what the Riviera ever could.

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Prominent Member

Buick Riviera for me. In my mind, in the top echelon of all-time great car designs!

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

The '63 Corvette is the most beautiful American sports car ever made IMHO; even the gorgeous Riviera can't touch it for looks.  This Vette is done in my fave color for it.

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

How I see it...It's 1963, a cool dude, unattached, part of the in-crowd, with pockets deeper than your average Joe is looking to purchase a car that fits his image and lifestyle. Many great looking cars in 1963, but his car has to stand out from the herd. He's a big GM fan and two newly introduced cars grab his attention; they are the Buick Riveria and the Chevrolet Corvette. Both cars have power and drop-dead good looks.  Which one does he pick?

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

I voted for the Riviera.  Just a very good looking personal luxury car with some punch.  The Vette is certainly a classic as well.  Two of my favorites.  

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Noble Member

I love both but am choosing the Riviera for its being a more comfortable, IMO, ride due to its size. They're both top notch in the looks and go departments. 

Steve

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

@georgeschire George, I agree with your statement on these two.  As far as I am concerned it is a tie.  Both are great vehicles in there own classes.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Posted by: @sizedoesmatter

How I see it...It's 1963, a cool dude, unattached, part of the in-crowd, with pockets deeper than your average Joe is looking to purchase a car that fits his image and lifestyle. Many great looking cars in 1963, but his car has to stand out from the herd. He's a big GM fan and two newly introduced cars grab his attention; they are the Buick Riveria and the Chevrolet Corvette. Both cars have power and drop-dead good looks.  Which one does he pick?

I'm picking the Riviera.  I just can't get excited about Corvette's.  I know I'm in the minority most likely, but the Corvette doesn't do a thing for me.  Ever.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Tough call but it's the Corvette for me.

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO