Poll: Which '59? 12...

Notifications
Clear all
Poll results: '59 Buick, DeSoto or Mercury?
Voter(s): 16
Poll is closed Dec 28, 2021
'59 Buick  -  votes: 7 / 43.8%
43.8%
'59 DeSoto  -  votes: 4 / 25%
25%
'59 Mercury  -  votes: 5 / 31.3%
31.3%
Tie  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Sorry, no interest in this selection.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Poll: Which '59? 12/14/2021) Requested by George Schire

John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

'59 Buick, DeSoto or Mercury?

Be sure to make your selection.  Of course, please “Reply” to share your comments.

Best yet please rank them.

Click on the picture to enlarge the image.

1959 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 2d
1959 Desoto Firedome Convertible 1 1024x900
1959 Mercury Monterey Convertible 2

John Bono
North Jersey

Topic Tags
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

I like all of them but the Buick is my favorite.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

It is a toss-up between the DeSoto and the Mercury. The Mercury lines currently look slightly better to me.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

Same here.  They are all really nice.  But I think the Buick just stands out.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

THANK YOU JOHN!  I wanted to see what the three look like when compared head-to-head.  Man, that BUICK is a beauty!  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Prominent Member

Tough call! The photos of the Buick and Mercury are so much better than the DeSoto. Love them all, but voted Mercury. Ask me again in 5 minutes.

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Prominent Member

Not that I really like any of them, the DeSoto over the Buick and last Mercury. '58 & '59 not good years for styling I like.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

My taste led me to vote the Mercury but that Buick has always been intriguing.

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Posted by: @brush

Not that I really like any of them, the DeSoto over the Buick and last Mercury. '58 & '59 not good years for styling I like.

Too funny!  I thought '58 and '59 just rocked in styling!  Across the board, the Big Three hit homerun's those years to my eyes.  Smile

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @georgeschire

Too funny!  I thought '58 and '59 just rocked in styling!  Across the board, the Big Three hit homerun's those years to my eyes.  Smile

I agree homeruns but I prefer a steady stream of doubles. Just way over done for my taste. You seem to like standing out in a crowd while I prefer to blend in. I don't care for stripped down either.  Middle of the road; not Chevy or Caddy or Buick but yes to Pontiac & Olds; not Ford or Lincoln but yes to Mercury: not Plymouth or Chrysler but yes to Dodge.  This is very very general, since I actually like all cars, even the '58's & '59's just are not on my would like to buy list.  I must be over the hill seeing how the car lines I liked no longer exist. 

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Desoto over Buick by a nose and Mercury a very distant 3rd.  I didnt consider colors.

John Bono and Brush liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Posted by: @georgeschire

I agree homeruns but I prefer a steady stream of doubles. Just way over done for my taste. You seem to like standing out in a crowd while I prefer to blend in. I don't care for stripped down either.  Middle of the road; not Chevy or Caddy or Buick but yes to Pontiac & Olds; not Ford or Lincoln but yes to Mercury: not Plymouth or Chrysler but yes to Dodge.  This is very very general, since I actually like all cars, even the '58's & '59's just are not on my would like to buy list.  I must be over the hill seeing how the car lines I liked no longer exist. 

Interesting that you say I "seem to like standing out in a crowd".  That couldn't be farther from the truth.  When I walk in to a room, I prefer to be there and not seen.  I don't dress outlandishly, as I prefer to just blend in, just as you said you do.  With regard to the '58 and '59 automobile styling, I agree they were some of the more over the top and perhaps even a bit radical, but that doesn't mean I don't like them.  They were the times of chrome and fins excess, and I like the story that tells of that era.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I love all 3. I rank Buick #1, DeSoto #2 and Mercury #3.

John Bono
North Jersey

ReplyQuote
Share: