Poll: Which '48? (1...

Notifications
Clear all
Poll results: '48 Chevrolet or Plymouth?
Voter(s): 17
Poll is closed Nov 01, 2021
'48 Chevrolet  -  votes: 5 / 29.4%
29.4%
'48 Plymouth  -  votes: 10 / 58.8%
58.8%
Tie  -  votes: 2 / 11.8%
11.8%
Sorry, no interest in this selection.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Poll: Which '48? (10/18/2021)

John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

'48 Chevrolet or Plymouth?

Be sure to make your selection.  Of course, please “Reply” to share your comments.

Click on the picture to enlarge the image.

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Coupe 1 1024x900
1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe 6

Topic Tags
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

I find the lines of the Plymouth Coupe very attractive.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member

I'd take either, but if I can have only one, it's the PLYMOUTH!  Looks slightly more modern and less bulky.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Noble Member

Both of them are slightly revised '42 models, trying to meet the post-war demand.  My father bought a new '47 Chevy sedan and within months wrapped it around a tree.  For some reason, the wreckage was towed to our driveway.  It was totally demolished.  I knew Daddy was dead and they just weren't telling me. Or maybe they didn't think a 7 year old kid could understand. Finally, Daddy's younger brother, just home from the war in Germany, took me into the hospital, brushing aside protests, and plopped me down on Daddy's bed.  I could see it was really him under all those bandages.  Sometimes a kid needs a little help, folks.

Oh yes. . .  I vote for the Chevy.  Wonder which gear this one's transmission will hang up in.

This post was modified 1 month ago by David Holcombe

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

I vote for the Plymouth. I owned a 1939 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Opera Coupe with the optional vacuum shift. Vacuum shift than became standard through 1948.I never cared for the shifter as it was somewhat trouble prone.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Prominent Member

Edge goes to Plymouth for me.

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Honorable Member

Plymouth looks nicer to me.

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Prominent Member

@bob-jackman No way to speed shift those vacuum sticks.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member

Plymouth for me.

Look at the height of the hood on that Chevy! Did it really need to be THAT tall to fit the engine under it? 

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Honorable Member

Really,no interest in either! 🥴

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @d-m-holcombe

Both of them are slightly revised '42 models, trying to meet the post-war demand.  My father bought a new '47 Chevy sedan and within months wrapped it around a tree.  For some reason, the wreckage was towed to our driveway.  It was totally demolished.  I knew Daddy was dead and they just weren't telling me. Or maybe they didn't think a 7 year old kid could understand. Finally, Daddy's younger brother, just home from the war in Germany, took me into the hospital, brushing aside protests, and plopped me down on Daddy's bed.  I could see it was really him under all those bandages.  Sometimes a kid needs a little help, folks.

Oh yes. . .  I vote for the Chevy.  Wonder which gear this one's transmission will hang up in.

Well....that must have been a tremendous relief for such a little fella.  Back then I guess on occasion adults thought it best not to shock the child; unfortunately they sometimes were lacking in adequate communication though.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Years ago I would have voted Chevy in a second but in recent years the late 40s Dodges/Plymouth have really grown on me.....so I voted a rare tie this time.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Frank you've got that right...you couldn't be in a hurry.

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A longtime fan of this generation Plymouth. I've been fantasizing swapping the running gear and drive train with current technology while retaining the stock appearance.   

ReplyQuote
Share: